JOB DESCRIPTION: JUNIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
POSITION: Junior Graphic Designer, 1/ST
REPORTS TO: VP Marketing, 1/ST / Creative Director, 1/ST
DATES EFFECTIVE: Current
LOCATION: Hallandale Beach, FL (1/ST Corporate Office at Gulfstream Park)
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
1/ST is a world-class racing and gaming operator, entertainment curator and real estate
development company. As the largest racing and wagering company in North America, we process over $13B in annual wagers, connect with 5M customers and host some of the largest racing events in the world.
1/ST EXPERIENCE, the consumer facing branch of 1/ST, blends the worlds of sports, entertainment and hospitality through innovative content development, elevated national and local venue management and hospitality, strategic partnerships, sponsorships, and procurement development. 1/ST EXPERIENCE focuses on guest experience, venue management, venue operations and asset development to elevate the customer experience at and beyond 1/ST’s Thoroughbred racetrack venues in California, Florida and Maryland while supporting the company’s 1/ST RACING, 1/ST CONTENT, 1/ST TECHNOLOGY and 1/ST PROPERTIES businesses. 1/ST EXPERIENCE creates year-round, vibrant entertainment experiences for 1/ST venues and signature platforms including, the Pegasus World Cup at Gulfstream Park in South Florida and the legendary Preakness Stakes and InfieldFest in Baltimore, Maryland.
We are seeking a junior designer with a modern mindset and approach to help support the creative vision for 1/ST Experience year-round, including the historic Preakness Stakes, InfieldFest and Pegasus World Cup Invitational. This individual should be skilled at all aspects of design (design input/output, promotional materials, website visuals, etc.) with expertise in brand identity, along with digital and social media marketing. This role will entail thinking beyond a single channel execution, identify new opportunities and execute on complex design and communication strategies. Be prepared to develop concepts and ideas from the ground up, pitch ideas to leadership, and create compelling, relevant, and meaningful work.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- You are a creative who’s passionate about delivering visionary assets that continually raise the visual bar for the 1/ST corporate brands.
- You love to inspire and are adept at finding creative solutions quickly.
- You have a strong sense of accountability and brand stewardship.
- You are self-directed and able to handle multiple competing deadlines.
- You’re a brilliant thinker with stunning visual execution, a portfolio to brag about, and an enthusiastic team player mindset.
- You are driven and unrelenting in the face of the challenges that balancing big projects and tight deadlines bring.
Support creative production and output of marketing and sales deliverables
- Uphold quality design standards and brand integrity
- Implement and expand our brands’ visual identities cohesively across all sales and marketing communications
- Work collaboratively with 1/ST Corporate team and track venues to conceptualize smart, strategic, beautifully designed graphics
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Coordinate the printing, fabrication, and setup of design activations, installations, etc.
- Work with a roster of print and fabrication vendors to ensure deadlines are followed
- Ensure deliverables are effective in solving communication challenges, meets marketing goals, and are aligned with brand strategies
- Execute day-to-day, monthly, and seasonal marketing design requests
- Curate our brands’ digital and print assets through impeccable file organization
- Create digital mock-ups and retouched photos for use in collateral
- Update and prepare final packaging files for print and production
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- An understanding and previous experience creating integrated content across all marketing channels (from digital, social media, paid media, mobile, retail and print)
- Ability to prepare and proof packaging files for print
- Meticulous, detail-oriented, and organized
- Keen design eye for layout of print & digital executions
- Passionate about design, art, typography, layout, and color theory
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline driven environment
- Flexible and quick to respond to changes in business priorities
- Proactive and positive with a solutions-oriented mindset toward challenges
- Lifestyle or product photography skills a plus
- Video creation a plus (After Effects, Premier Pro, or other)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, or related field preferred
- 1-3 years of related graphic design experience, ideally within a creative agency, brand, or corporate setting experience
- Experience with the horse racing, wagering and/or entertainment and hospitality industries a plus but not required.
JOB TYPE: Full-time, in office at 1/ST Corporate Offices at Gulfstream Park.
Location: Gulfstream Park, 901 S. Federal Highway, Hallandale Beach, FL 33009
COMPENSATION: Salary commensurate with experience.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Hours: Monday to Friday / Generally 9 AM - 6 PM. Hours may be flexible. Occasionally, some weekends and events may be required that fall out of this typical work week to meet business needs. A small amount of travel may be required to other venues or for any other business purpose but these will be generally limited occurrences.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations: Requires a General Occupational (Slot) License, as this role is located on site with a Casino. This is mandatory for all employees.
1/ST is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues.