POSITION: Graphic Designer / Animator, 1/ST
REPORTS TO: VP Marketing, 1/ST / Creative Director, 1/ST
LOCATION: Hallandale Beach, FL (1/ST Corporate Office at Gulfstream Park)
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
1/ST is a world-class racing and gaming operator, entertainment curator and real estate
development company. As the largest racing and wagering company in North America, we process over $13B in annual wagers, connect with 5M customers and host some of the largest racing events in the world.
1/ST EXPERIENCE, the consumer facing branch of 1/ST, blends the worlds of sports, entertainment and hospitality through innovative content development, elevated national and local venue management and hospitality, strategic partnerships, sponsorships, and procurement development. 1/ST EXPERIENCE focuses on guest experience, venue management, venue operations and asset development to elevate the customer experience at and beyond 1/ST’s Thoroughbred racetrack venues in California, Florida and Maryland while supporting the company’s 1/ST RACING, 1/ST CONTENT, 1/ST TECHNOLOGY and 1/ST PROPERTIES businesses. 1/ST EXPERIENCE creates year-round, vibrant entertainment experiences for 1/ST venues and signature platforms including, the Pegasus World Cup at Gulfstream Park in South Florida and the legendary Preakness Stakes and InfieldFest in Baltimore, Maryland.
We are seeking a designer and animator with a modern mindset and approach to help support the creative vision for 1/ST Experience year-round, including the historic Preakness Stakes, InfieldFest and Pegasus World Cup Invitational. This individual should be skilled at all aspects of design (design input/output, promotional materials, website visuals, etc.) with expertise in custom graphics, motion graphics, and special effects. This role will entail thinking beyond a single channel execution, identify new opportunities and execute on complex design and communication strategies. Be prepared to develop concepts and ideas from the ground up, pitch ideas to leadership, and create compelling, relevant, and meaningful work.
- Conceptualize, visualize and design special effects, animation, or other visual images for videos consisting of informational, promotional, interviews, sales, and sizzle reels.
- Produce animated graphics ranging from lower thirds, logos, and bumpers to full productions
- Modify/Rework existing motion graphics assets
- Support creative production and output of marketing and sales deliverables
- Uphold quality design standards and brand integrity
- Implement and expand our brands’ visual identities cohesively across all sales and marketing communications
- Work collaboratively with 1/ST Corporate team and track venues to conceptualize smart, strategic, beautifully designed graphics
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Ensure deliverables are effective in solving communication challenges, meets marketing goals, and are aligned with brand strategies
- Execute day-to-day, monthly, and seasonal marketing design requests
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- BA in Graphic Design, Animation, Film or a related field is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in multimedia design, motion graphics, video editing and animation
- Must have a reel or portfolio of work to demonstrate skills and abilities
- Strong foundational knowledge of layout, color, grids, icons, typography, proportion, photography, and motion/rich media
- Expert knowledge of After Effects, Cinema 4D, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier Pro, Davinci Resolve, Blender.
- Able to work with After Effects templates and create custom graphics
- Must have experience working on content that appeals to wide audiences
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying complexities, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure
- Deliver industry standard, high quality visuals
- Communicate successfully with cross functional partners
- Be able to identify and align necessary resources, like software, vendors, animators, audio, render farms, and source assets
- Able to effectively solicit feedback, and filter/formulate next steps as best suited to product goals and timelines
- Understand the constraints of VR, and be able to maximize the visual impact achievable within those constraints
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Expertise in creating 2D animations using After Effects
- Expertise in creating 3D assets, animations, and renders using Blender, Cinema 4D, or Maya
- Expertise in modeling and rigging character models in Blender, Cinema 4D, or Maya
- Some experience in creating visual effects and editing video in After Effects
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline driven environment
Full-time, in office at 1/ST Corporate Offices at Gulfstream Park.
Location: Gulfstream Park, 901 S. Federal Highway, Hallandale Beach, FL 33009
Salary commensurate with experience.
· Dental insurance
· Health insurance
· Paid time off
· Vision insurance
Hours: Monday to Friday / Generally 9 AM - 6 PM. Hours may be flexible. Occasionally, some weekends and events may be required that fall out of this typical work week to meet business needs. A small amount of travel may be required to other venues or for any other business purpose but these will be generally limited occurrences.
1/ST is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues.