The Director, Ticket Operations, acting under the direction of the Vice President Ticket Sales + Premium Sales, supervises all ticket operations for 1/ST, its associated venues, and events. The ideal candidate has a good understanding of Ticket Sales and Service, Ticketing platforms, CRM platforms, and a strong understanding and experience in Ticket Operations.
Major Areas & Representative Duties
- Manage all facets of the 1/ST Ticket Operations department, ensuring the department runs effectively and efficiently.
- Manage the Ticket Operations staff and oversee the management of that staff on event days.
- Oversee and assist in manifest builds, event creating, and fulfillment for all events tickets by 1/ST and the Stronach Group
- Provide accurate and timely audit and summary reports after each event.
- Manage all ticket inventory for each event with the Vice President Ticket Sales + Premium Sales.
- Assist in overseeing all Ticket Operations financial reconciling and reporting such as daily cash flow, monthly, and end of year reporting to Finance.
- Collaboration with counterparts in sales, guest services, sponsorship, marketing, and finance to accomplish team objectives
- Execution on pricing, including variable pricing, fees, and associated price components
- Work with venue directors to ensure efficient operations of the box office at each track
- Establish event files documenting how the show was built, with all of the event build details as well as any requested changes to the event over the life of the event.
- Approach ticketing from a guest experience and revenue mindset
- Travel Requirements will include but are not limited to accessing all 1/ST properties across California, Florida & Maryland along with an on-site presence at marquee events
- Work with Finance to pull monthly commission reports for all revenue-generating employees.
- Run ticket processing and services including account set up, account changes, payment processing, general ticket inquiries, and parking pass services.
- Manage and maintain Ticketing partner relationship by ensuring operational efficiency of the ticketing system – system upgrades, testing new uses, and reporting bugs.
- Work with Ticketing partner to ensure all online sales processes operate successfully.
- Collaborate with Ticketing partner executives to write and rewrite reports that will ease financial and sales reporting.
- Effectively support the Ticket Sales and Service, Suites, and Partnerships departments, making sure all service order requests are completed in a timely manner.
- Oversee the digital and physical printing of all tickets and ensure timely delivery to customers.
- Work with the operations team to ensure successful gate access to all valid ticket holders for ticketed events.
- Supervise the invoicing process so all ticket holders receive accurate balance and due amounts.
- Communicate with other Ticket Operations teams to learn and share best practices.
- Perform ongoing training within the 1/ST teams to ensure all employees are equipped with proper tools for maximum efficiency.
- Control user access and privileges within Ticketing system.
- Execute other duties as assigned by the Vice President Ticket Sales + Premium Sales as assigned.
- Advanced level of understanding of ticketing systems and willingness to take on new platforms.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of CRM platforms and the integration requirements with Ticketing Systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Strong work ethic and high intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings weekends, and holidays