Position: Vice President, Creative
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer, 1/ST
About The Company:
1/ST is a world-class racing and gaming operator, entertainment curator and real estate development company. As the largest racing and wagering company in North America, we process over $13B in annual wagers, connect with 5M customers and host some of largest racing events in the world. 1/ST EXPERIENCE, the consumer facing branch of 1/ST, blends the worlds of sports, entertainment and hospitality through innovative content development, elevated national and local venue management and hospitality, strategic partnerships, sponsorships, and procurement development.
1/ST EXPERIENCE focusses on guest experience, venue management, venue operations and asset development to elevate the customer experience at and beyond 1/ST’s Thoroughbred racetrack venues in California, Florida and Maryland while supporting the company’s 1/ST RACING, 1/ST CONTENT, 1/ST TECHNOLOGY and 1/ST PROPERTIES businesses. 1/ST EXPERIENCE creates year-round, vibrant entertainment experiences for 1/ST venues and signature platforms including, the Pegasus World Cup at Gulfstream Park in South Florida and the legendary Preakness Stakes and InfieldFest in Baltimore, Maryland.
We are seeking a VP of Creative to oversee our visual campaigns across entertainment events, sports venues, new restaurant/programming concepts, and property development. The ideal candidate equally as talented at Graphic Design as they are conceptual.
This candidate has a unique ability to create campaigns visually and provide key art assets for each unique campaign. This candidate can conceptualize the campaign and present visual concepts that provide the graphic design team with a design tool kit to execute upon.
The ideal candidate will be in touch with current lifestyle, sports, and cultural trends and will possess great instincts and sensibilities to address growing business needs for 1/ST Experience.
This is a senior management role, where the ideal candidate will have a proven experience of taking full accountability of our design output across the company from email newsletters, website, campaign creation, social media channels, broadcast, apparel and beyond.
Major Responsibility Areas:
- This above all else. Candidates must be able to demonstrate a proven capability of designing visual campaigns. From concept to complete brand identity kit, you can create distinct campaigns each with their own brand feel and vibe to address different business needs.
Senior Management & Accountability
- Candidate must take full ownership of the visual output. Establish processes for creative approvals, creative development across our venues and corporate teams.
- Master and owner of the 1/ST brand system, graphic output, and tone of voice.
- Produces artwork and conceptual designs to support all marketing efforts including digital and print channels.
- Creates unique designs that are on-style and on-brand for campaigns – spanning lifestyle and sports related programming.
- Design key assets across a wide variety of mediums including signage, billboards, digital and magazine ads, event invites, event signage, apparel, promotional displays, packaging, and marketing brochures.
- Experienced at graphic design and web. Motion graphics, broadcast, and video a plus, general knowledge required.
Resourceful & Thorough
- Imagines the design to layout concepts based on project requirements and best practices.
- Sorts and organizes content database and online artwork to select applicable images/video.
- Coordinate photo or video shoots for content capture to suit our brand needs.
- Works with print vendors during the design phase to ensure practicality and budget scope.
- Proofreads to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Minimum 7-10 years professional experience in a position directly dealing with graphic art and design.
- Proven management experience with oversight of other teams
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- BS in Marketing, Graphic Arts, Digital Design; AA or certification in Graphic Design preferred
- Portfolio of design work that represents graphic design capabilities across multiple mediums
- Heavy graphic production experience required along with copywriting skills and photography direction
- Proficient in Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator and all Adobe Creative Suite programs a must.
- Video work and editing preferred but not required (AfterEffects, Dreamweaver, Adobe Premiere). Strong understanding of platforms.
- Strong proficiency in print and digital production output, working with printers, digital teams, color correction and various file formats.
- Knowledge of social media platforms required.
- Knowledge and experience with HTML preferred but not required.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills required. Spanish a plus.
- Resourcefulness with image sourcing and strong organizational skills.
- Professional approach to time, cost and deadline.
Leader & Team Player Mindset
- Exemplifies leadership across teams, can motivate staff, and goal oriented process.
- Works under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Works effectively with peers, staff members, customers, outside community groups.
- Stays current with changes in technology and demonstrate technical competence.
Location: 1/ST (Corporate Office)
Gulfstream Park, 901 S. Federal Highway, Hallandale Beach, FL
Hours: Monday to Friday / 9-6pm generally. Hours may be flexible.
Occasionally, some weekends and events may be required that fall out of this typical work week to meet business needs.
This is a Vice President leadership role and the employee will be compensated with salary and annual bonus in addition to healthcare, retirement and vacation benefits. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.