Web Developer and Content Manager, Marketing
The Web Developer and Content Manager position is part of the 1/ST corporate marketing team, which is responsible for traditional, digital, and emerging marketing and branding initiatives across the company’s corporate entities, race tracks nationwide, and marquee entertainment events. With a significant overhaul of the company’s digital infrastructure and footprint in place, the position will have an integral role in managing the web development critical path in coordination with internal marketing and technology teams as well as agency partners. Additionally, the role will be responsible for daily website content updates and maintenance, page build outs, and site optimization across all corporate, racing, and entertainment websites nationwide in coordination with track marketing teams.
- Under the guidance of marketing leadership, oversee the 1/ST digital ecosystem of websites to deliver an optimal user experience through daily content updates, feature enhancements, maintenance, and functionality.
- Maximize the performance of all consumer-facing digital touchpoints to achieve marketing and sales goals through development updates, API and third-party integrations, and site navigation.
- Manage the development cycle, and in some cases be the hands-on developer, of new websites, microsites, and landing pages internally and with external agencies by creating UI design mock-ups, site maps, CMS management, and driving development timelines.
- Oversee the relationship with external SEO agencies and partners, and implement a data driven approach to optimize and create backlinks, keyword optimization, content updates, metadata tags, and organic search best practices.
- Manage development initiatives, integrations, and technical/hosting updates between the corporate and track marketing teams, IT, and agency partners.
- Implement daily content updates and regular website maintenance, including defining content submission protocols, CMS training, and optimizing the on-page user experience.
- Manage e-commerce initiatives and optimize conversion rates through site content and analytics regarding user behavior, purchase flow, and ad performance.
- Analyze website performance, goals, and inbound traffic from all marketing sources (ads, email, social media, paid/organic) through data and analytics tools to make recommendations on maximizing output and ROI.
- Implement integrations with ticketing platforms, social media and pixel advertising and tracking, CRM platforms, plug-ins, and other partners.
- Execute A/B testing across new websites and development projections to ensure deliverables are launched properly and effectively.
- Work with agency development partners to ensure compliance across all ADA and privacy laws.
- BCS or BS CS Degree in Computer Science
- 3+ years of ReactJS
- 3+ years of experience in UI/UX development
- 2+ years of experience with Designing Web-based applications using Bootstrap or other libraries
- Expert in Responsive Web Design
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, AJAX, REST, JSON, Map-based APIs, XML, and XSLT
- Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, or other graphic design programs preferred
- Experience with ticketing and e-commerce or transactional sites with an understanding of conversion and online customer acquisition
- Proven On-Site and Off-Site advanced SEO experience, with a proficient knowledge of SEO tools and best practices
- Seasoned in WordPress development, customization, and plug-ins
- Fluency in Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Execute and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge of changing technology trends and on-going competitive analysis.
- Ability to multi-task, work on and maintain multiple websites simultaneously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in a shared service and team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Positive attitude, professional in appearance, and well-organized.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position at our office in Hallandale Beach, FL. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6 p.m. and while infrequent, some weekend work days may be occasionally required for key deadlines or initiatives.
The job is located at 1/ST’s US headquarters at Gulfstream Park in Hallandale Beach, FL (Miami area).
Some travel will be required for meetings with agency partners, visitation to our venues or events.
The job will pay competitively based on experience and include a competitive benefits package including PTO and healthcare packages.
1/ST exists to radically redefine the experience of gaming. We are here to reinvent the sport of Thoroughbred horse racing, to achieve a world-class level of safety for horses and riders, provide a unique and fully engaging entertainment experience for our guests and online wagerers and to ensure rewarding and sustainable careers for our employees. 1/ST is dedicated to working at every stable and track within our enterprise to set the gold standard for horse safety and horse care. We are reimagining the online wagering experience, whether deployed at the track, at home or at other venues. We are recasting the role entertainment and hospitality plays within our sport. Underlying these efforts is 1/ST Technology, which is focusing on new platforms, systems and processes to make our sport more accessible, more efficient and more transparent to future generations.