We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Foley Entertainment Group (FEG) owns the NHL’s Vegas Golden Knights, the AHL’s Henderson Silver Knights, the IFL’s Vegas Knight Hawks, the Dollar Loan Center arena and several other entertainment and hospitality-focused entities.
The Manager of Guest Services oversees all aspects of Guest Experience and Event Service Partner relationships for the venue. In addition to overseeing all Guest Experience personnel, the role serves as the liaison to all service providers of the venue, including but not limited to, Food & Beverage, Retail, Parking, and other event specific support departments. The position is responsible for creating an exceptional guest experience and ensuring the venue/company brand is maintained throughout each event. The position reports to and advises the Vice President of Operations regarding overall guest experience for the facility.
- Provide management oversight of the Guest Service Department direct reports and hourly Guest Service staff.
- Maintain professional relationships with vendors, clients of the facility and tenant team members.
- Assures the integrity of the department/company in all forms of communication and personal contacts.
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations and Code compliance for the operation of the facility.
- Serve as a point of contact during events.
- Evaluate and interpret technical drawings, sketches and specifications related to event staffing deployments.
- Ensure that all Guest Service Department team member concerns are handled in an appropriate manner.
- Report all issues related to guest complaints / disruptive patrons are resolved appropriately/ to Director, Guest Services.
- Assist with the development of a comprehensive guest service policy and procedure manual for the department
- Provide exceptional guest services by recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, supervising, and coaching part-time staff of ushers, ticket-takers, guest service representatives, and supervisors.
- Submit payroll to Finance Department for all guest services employees.
- Ensure staff receive necessary training and refresher training for all guest services functions including emergency management.
- Review and recommend day-to-day operational policies and procedures with the Director of Guest Services
- Responsible for creating, implementing and distributing shift availability sheets for event staff, ensuring that all details outlining staff expectations are clearly and concisely stated.
- Preparation & distribution of staff schedules, incorporating staff availability; as well as adhering to all event requirements outlined by the Event Manager.
- Coordinate and communicate all relevant information for assigned events, including preparing event details sheets and facilitating staff briefing notes.
- Oversee all staffing deployments on an event-by-event basis, including all timesheets and break sheets
- Work with Guest Services staff in managing large crowds under constantly changing event environments.
- Manage, if necessary, disciplinary action for underperforming Guest Service personnel.
- Liaison with any outsourced Guest Service personnel.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of Fire Life Safety, NAFP, OSHA, Occupancy, and other code enforcement agencies.
- Understanding of basic principles and practices of event management and crowd management principles.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate large projects simultaneously.
- Maintain awareness of new developments and trends in the field of venue entry search, guest experience, arena management and overall facility operations.
- Specific skills required include, but are not limited to, detailed organization, customer service, planning and analysis of event requirements, and works cooperatively with others.
- Experience with payroll/scheduling software preferred.
- Strong exceptional guest and client service capabilities and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to function and make management decisions in a fast-paced high pressure environment.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including long nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field, but experience may substitute for education.
- Minimum (2) two years of increasingly responsible event related experience in a stadium, arena, convention center or public assembly facility setting.
- Prior Guest Services experience preferred.
- Proven experience in leading personnel in a similar leadership role.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS AND/OR DUTIES
- Ability to work in dark, bright, smoky, dusty, cold and/or confined spaces.
- Able to stand/walk for prolonged periods of time on hard surfaces.
- Must be able to lift, stoop, squat, push and bend as part of the regular job duties for this role.
- Comfortable working around large crowds.
- Willing to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Communicate via radio.
- Execute other job duties as assigned.