We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Foley Entertainment Group (FEG) owns and operates the NHL’s Vegas Golden Knights, the AHL’s Henderson Silver Knights, the IFL’s Vegas Knight Hawks, the Dollar Loan Center arena and several other entertainments and hospitality-focused entities.
The Supervisor of Conversions is primarily responsible for overseeing the changing out of the facility from event type to event type. Additionally, the role is responsible for maintaining ice surface conditions, as well as ensuring safe conditions of the seats, stairs, hockey “glass”, dashers and decking for the facility. The position reports to the Manager of Conversions regarding the overall operational functions in the facility.
- Provides specific leadership and support to the Conversion department.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with contractors and vendors of the facility.
- Supervise the timely and effective setting and striking of hockey dasher systems, staging, bleachers, chairs, basketball courts and other event specific equipment.
- Oversee the timely and effective response to requests received from external organizations, agencies, departments, and individuals.
- Ensure efficient utilization of personnel and resources within the respective departments of this position.
- Continually advise and update the Manager of Conversions on all areas of facility operations.
- Maintain functionality of all equipment within the facility. Make appropriate repairs as necessary.
- Provide necessary preventive maintenance efforts to maximize equipment lifespan.
- Operate forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts, cargo trucks, rental vehicles, and company vehicles.
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations and Code compliance for the operation of the facility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Expertise in leading of multiple teams to complete required tasks.
- Understanding of basic principles and practices of arena conversions and event setups.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and verbal forms.
- Ability to operate and maintain all required hand tools, power tools, and other equipment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Five (5) years of experience in operating similar facilities.
- Proven experience in managing personnel in a similar leadership role.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS AND/OR DUTIES
- Ability to work in dark, bright, smoky, dusty, cold and/or confined spaces.
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds and push/pull items with or without assistance.
- Able to walk/stand for prolonged periods of time on hard surfaces.
- Comfortable working around large crowds.
- Willing to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Execute other job duties as assigned.