We are committed to building a championship organization that serves our fans, community and business partners through Jr. Hockey at the highest level coupled with fan entertainment and engagement on the ice. The Youngstown Phantoms are committed to the Mahoning Valley and all of North East Ohio and have become an important piece of the fabric of the community.
Responsible for the oversight of all activities related to the Ticket Sales & Service department, including, but not limited to revenue generation and member retention of existing sponsors and season ticket holders. This position will work closely with the Team President, Marketing, Communications and Black Bear Sports Group to come up with a comprehensive and strategic plan around driving maximum revenue, attendance and renewal results.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed established new membership goals as well as retention goals
- Provide overall strategic direction for the Ticket Sales Department
- Responsible for creating and maintaining an engaged and transparent culture
- Assist in the development and management of the Ticket Sales operating expense budget
- Create, drive, and execute successful sales campaigns in coordination with the Marketing and Communication team
- Conduct diligent market research to identify new leads and sales opportunities
- Manage Weekly and Monthly sales reports, ensuring data accuracy
- Curate sales strategies to increase revenue though season memberships, flex packages, premium seating, group sales, and special offers
- Lead, motivate, and manage all sales staff performance on an ongoing basis and provide coaching as necessary
- Establish and support an onboarding program and plan for all new sales team members
- Create and maintain sales guidelines, customer service expectations, and sales initiatives
- Collaborate with other departments to track and fulfill ticketing needs, monitor, and report on the sales process and results to the Team President
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university recommended
- In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, equivalent Director level experience is required
- Minimum of five (5) years of related experience in ticket sales management
- Outstanding sales, leadership, and motivation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior presentation and organizational skills
- Successful track record of achieving revenue goals and building a successful sales culture
- Ability to work irregular hours, event coverage, holidays, and weekends
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required
- Sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building including inclines and stairs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
1. Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
2. When would you be available to start?
3. What is your salary expectation for this role?