A United States Hockey League (USHL) member club is seeking a Vice President of Sales to drive revenue and help set the course for the organization in corporate sales and hospitality.
The USHL member club is seeking a proven leader looking to take the next step in his or her career in the sports industry. The successful candidate will have experience selling corporate partnerships and hospitality options and a proven track record of achieving goals and developing mutually-beneficial partnerships. Excellent communication and presentation skills are a must. The successful candidate will have experience negotiating and closing five and six-figure deals as well as developing creative solutions for smaller entities.
The United States Hockey League is the world foremost producer of junior hockey talent. A record 57 players with USHL ties were selected in the 2018 NHL Draft, and over 95% of USHL players earn Division I opportunities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the organization’s sales efforts, generating revenue through the identification, development and closing of corporate sales and hospitality partnerships
- Serve as senior member of staff responsible for setting and achieving sales goals and helping to create short and long-term strategic plans for organization
- Lead team’s efforts on inventory pricing, lead generation, and utilization of all sponsorship/hospitality inventory to maximize revenues
- Meet or exceed weekly, monthly and yearly sales goals
- Oversee fulfillment efforts
- Maintain and manage database of clients and prospects
- Perform game night responsibilities related to fulfillment, client retention or other duties as assigned
- Become an active member of the corporate community through area Chambers of Commerce, networking and other local events
The qualified candidate should have:
- Bachelors Degree (recommended) in business, sports management, marketing or related field
- Minimum 3 years of successful sales experience in sports or related industry
- History of establishing strong relationships with marketing executives/business owners and closing five and six-figure deals
- Excellent relationship-building and negotiating skills
- Strong sense of professionalism in everything he or she does
- Outstanding time management skills
- Working knowledge of the sports of hockey and a passion for the game
- Ability to work traditional and non-traditional hours for games and community events. This will include some nights, weekends and holidays.
This is a full-time position. Qualified candidates will be contacted directly by the member club.