The Chicago Steel, United States Hockey League member club and 2017 Clark Cup Champions, is looking to add to its talented roster to help build the Chicago Steel into one of Chicago’s most recognizable sports franchises.
The Steel are seeking a proven, hardworking professional looking to take the next step in his or her career in the sports industry. The full-time position of Account Executive is responsible for the marketing, sale and service of season ticket packages, group tickets, suites and party areas, primarily to area businesses, clubs, schools and associations. Revenue will be generated via phone (outbound and inbound calls) and face-to-face meetings. Your input and assistance will be requested in all aspects of growing the Chicago Steel brand, included but not limited to marketing, promotions, and game day operations.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with excellent communication skills, be willing to learn and excel in a fast-paced environment, have outstanding attention to detail, and a person that takes great pride in his or her work, regardless of the task.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Increase the number of season ticket holders, group customers and party area/suite guests at the team’s home in Geneva, IL
- Build relationships through in-person meetings, grassroots marketing endeavors and other strategies to increase customer satisfaction and retention
- Maintenance of management of all customers and prospects within ticket sales database
- Proactively facilitate the sale and activation of numerous season ticket and group accounts
- Develop and implement benefits for season, group and suite ticket holders
- Meet or exceed weekly, monthly and yearly sales goals
- Along with all staff members, create ideas for unique game night promotions
- Perform game night responsibilities as assigned including entertaining clients and fulfilling group events while assisting in management and execution of game night promotions, box office sales, merchandise sales, and additional items as needed
- Represent team at numerous community events throughout the year and actively assist in grassroots marketing efforts to build fanbase
- Assist in all other areas of operation including media relations, merchandise, box office, customer service, game operations, promotions, grassroots marketing efforts and more
- Provide outstanding customer service to Chicago Steel fans
The qualified candidate should have:
- Bachelors Degree (recommended) in business, sports management, marketing or related field
- 1-2 years of prior sales experience is preferred
- Passion for the game of hockey and a desire to help the sport throughout greater Chicagoland
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills
- Strong sense of professionalism and friendly in-person and on-phone demeanor
- The desire to embrace a team-first mentality in a startup environment
- Excellent customer service skills and professional appearance
- Ability to work traditional and non-traditional hours. This will include some nights, weekends and holidays. This includes all home games plus special events and community appearances
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment while juggling many tasks at once. Excellent time management is required. Ability to perform physical tasks associated with position including lifting and moving boxes
This is a full-time position. The Chicago Steel Hockey Team is an equal opportunity employer.