The Muskegon Lumberjacks are entering their tenth season a member of the the United States Hockey League - America's only tier 1 junior hockey league. Our players are the future of the NCAA's top program and the NHL. Hockey has been a part of the Muskegon identity for almost 60 years and we look forward to the building on the tradition here in Muskegon. You could be a part of a fast-paced hard-working environment while sharpening your skills in the sports industry and sales. We value creativity, dedication, knowledge and confidence.
The Muskegon Lumberjacks are seeking a hard working, highly motivated and passionate self-starter to join their sales team. The Sales Representative will be responsible for prospecting, selling and servicing new accounts, while increasing season and partial ticket packages, party decks, suites and group tickets. We are growing by 20% per year and are looking for the right person who wants an exciting career. This position is full-time with a base salary, benefits, and commission.
- Sell Full Menu of ticket and hospitality products for the Muskegon Lumberjacks 2019 - 2020, and beyond
- Achieve and exceed weekly, monthly, and annual sales goals established by the Director of Ticket Sales
- Create and develop new season ticket business by soliciting new prospects through cold calling, external appointments and email marketing
- Fulfill group and suite events
- Consistently enter client data into CRM throughout the sales process
- Game night responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: Guest services, will-call, assisting with sales initiatives, in seat visits to groups, season ticket holders, suites and Party Deck
- All other duties assigned by Director of Ticket Sales
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in business/marketing/sports management or similar concentration preferred, or equivalent work experience in sales
- Highly motivated, outgoing personality with a strong work ethic and desire to excel in sales
- A high level of professionalism, confidence, enthusiasm and personal accountability
- Willingness to learn and ability to work with a team atmosphere
- Ability to work a non-traditional work schedule including nights and weekends
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and maintain strong prioritization and organizational skills in a fast paced environment
- Extremely coachable and willing to learn everyday
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.