The Muskegon Lumberjacks, a member of the United States Hockey League, are looking to add to its talented roster. The Lumberjacks are seeking a friendly, fun, and dynamic performer to provide entertainment as our mascots, Jack and Timber at all home games and outside community appearances throughout the year!
At community events, festivals, and other appearances, the mascot is an exciting and integral part of our team’s community involvement. Jack and Timber provide entertainment and are the face of the Muskegon Lumberjacks throughout the year.
During home games, Jack and Timber will meet and greet fans, work closely with our game operations staff for in-game entertainment, and pump up the crowd. The mascot is a highly visible representative of the team and must possess unparalleled excitement for our fans.
- Perform as Jack and Timber at home games and community events around the West Michigan region as scheduled
- Work with the Director of Operations on the scheduling of appearances
- Maintain mascot costume including cleaning between events
- Assist in creating routines for promotional entertainment
- Distribute promotional items designed to help increase fan spirit and attendance at games
- Personally interact with fans and patrons you encounter before, during and after the games
- Be comfortable performing on the ice, the concourse and throughout the game during intermissions for in-game promotions
The qualified candidate should have:
- A willingness to undergo mascot training before the season and attend rehearsals throughout the year
- The flexibility to work all events on nights, weekends, and events throughout the week
- An enthusiastic and energetic demeanor with some performance background
- Possess a positive attitude and a strong willingness to learn
- Work well with children and fellow staff members
- The ability to ice skate preferred but not required
- Must be 18 years or older, able to work pro-actively and independently, and have your own transportation
This is a part-time position.
The Muskegon Lumberjacks are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.