Summary: The Muskegon Lumberjacks are looking for dynamic team members who have a passion for customer service and creating unforgettable experiences for our guests at all Lumberjack home games. This is a part-time position working Box Office hours on game days at L.C. Walker Arena. As a member of the Box Office staff, you will be the most important part of a fan's game day experience -- purchasing their tickets! If you want to be a part of the greatest fan experience in Michigan, this is the job for you!
Essential Functions: Use the Star Tickets system to sell Lumberjacks home single game tickets while providing exceptional customer service.
- Accurately accept and apply the payment to relevant orders and distribute proper change.
- Assist customers at the Box Office Will Call windows and resolve any issues or problems.
- Answer questions regarding events, tickets, and schedules.
- Maintain a secure working environment for cash and tickets.
- Reconcile and balance cash box at the end of your shift with Box Office supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability: The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must be computer literate with a strong will to learn Star Tickets system.
- Prior cash handling and customer service experience.
- Ability to count money and make change accurately.
- Able to maintain a guest-friendly, quality service attitude at all times.
- Able to listen and communicate effectively.
- Proven job reliability, dedication, strong work ethic, and responsibility.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the team.
- Ability to take and follow instructions.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; work with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, see, and communicate. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Muskegon Lumberjacks are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.