Senior Director of Sales
The Lincoln Stars are a premier Tier I Junior Hockey Team playing in the United States Hockey League (USHL). The Stars joined the USHL in 1996 quickly established a reputation as one of the top Tier I Junior Hockey franchises in North America while playing to capacity crowds of over 5,000 fans per game. Under new ownership, the team will strive to regain their status of a model North American Junior hockey organization.
Over their proud history, the Stars have won 5 regular season and playoff championships while helping develop numerous players for the National Hockey League. Lincoln, Nebraska is a beautiful, rapidly expanding midwestern community that is home to the University of Nebraska and is located approximately 45 miles from Omaha.
The USHL, recognized as arguably the top developer of NHL and NCAA Division I players, provides an alternative to Canadian Major Junior Hockey for kids who want to play in the NCAA before entering a professional league such as the NHL.
This is a tremendous opportunity to join a rapidly expanding hockey ownership group that currently owns three midwestern junior hockey teams in a leadership role with their flagship franchise. The successful candidate will oversee all revenue generation of the franchise while delivering measurable results in partnership sales, season ticket, game night and group ticket sales. The candidate must have a focused passion for a career in sports management as the goal of new ownership is to make the Lincoln Stars one of the top hockey organizations in North America, both on and off the ice.
The Senior Director of Sales will be responsible for all revenue generation for Star City Hockey LLC. and reports directly to the Team President. This role is to oversee and maximize all revenue opportunities through the growth of ticket sales, corporate partnerships and creative ancillary revenue opportunities including maximizing the use of the Ice Box Arena. The Director will oversee the creation and implementation of a marketing plan and build events and promotions that tie into the marketing, ticketing, and sponsorship strategies of the organization.
The ideal candidate will possess the following professional attributes: strong leadership skills with a proven sales and management background, ability to hire and train staff, sense of humor, creativity, goals-oriented, determined, ability to overcome objections, organized and a passion to excel and advance a career in sports management. The Director of Sales should have a knowledge of how to maximize social media outlets including Facebook, LinkedIn, Snapshot, and other related outlets as well as traditional means of communication.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Revenue Generation, Marketing and Leadership:
- Implement and execute the top ticket sales and corporate partnership program in the USHL.
- Hire, train and oversee ticket and corporate partnership sales programs and staff.
- Manage a productive sales team in a manner that ensures productibility and accountability.
- Oversee the purchase of a CRM Platform and the implementation of the program.
- Manage sales commission and bonus program.
- Implement best practice for individual and group ticket sales program using a blend of in-person meetings, voice calls, portals like LinkedIn, Facebook, and Snapchat.
- Oversee Lincolnstars.com to maximize exposure, marketing, promotional and sales opportunities as well as creative fan engagement with the goal of making the site an industry leader.
- Implement an intern program.
- Responsibility for implementing an industry leading corporate partnership program.
- Includes full sponsorship deck, analysis of the market, asset creation and application, social media, in game, signage, patches game night partners and everything else.
- Conduct weekly team meetings to ensure best practices, good communication and constant improvement of the organization.
- Create an exciting, entertaining, season-long promotional schedule geared to attracting both traditional and non-traditional fans to attend games. Attending a Stars game must be a unique and exhilarating experience with in-game entertainment supporting an entertaining on-ice product.
- Generate Ancillary Revenue Including Events at the Ice Box Arena:
- Book events for ancillary revenue generation.
- weddings, car shows, trade shows, animal shows or other live events, etc.
- Community Relations:
- Attend community events.
- Plan and participate in local charity events and civic clubs
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Minimum 4-6 years sports sales experience with ticket sales/corporate partnership sales with a demonstrated history of strong revenue generation.
- Team-oriented, charismatic sales leader with an outstanding work ethic, integrity, and a passion to succeed.
- Leader, strategic thinker and multi-tasker, good listener, community minded, good delegator.
- Willingness to engage new technology and constantly searching for efficiencies to create a more productive work environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of marketing metrics and ROI measurement.
- Ability to creatively overcome all challenges.
- Willingness to lead by example, teach, motivate, and manage a sales team.
- A comprehensive understanding of the 24/7 operating nature of the Lincoln Stars’ business which requires frequent work on weekends and evenings.
- Detail oriented manager who can create and execute a marketing plan, set-up season promotions, oversee email sequences and experienced success in marketing on social media.
- Ability to work with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, and a CRM Platform.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS WILL BEGIN IMMEDIATELY.
The Lincoln Stars are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, and national origin.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.