The Chicago Steel Hockey Team, a member of the United States Hockey League (USHL) and Clark Cup Finalist in two of the last three seasons, is looking to add individuals to its talented roster for home games and events during the 2019-2020 season.
The Steel are seeking current college students and recent graduates (18 years or older) who are looking to break into the sports industry.
Gameday interns will gain valuable experience in a variety of areas, including but not limited to:
- Ticket Sales & Box Office Operations
- Corporate Sponsorship Activation
- Merchandise & Retail Sales
- Media Relations
- Marketing and Community Relations
- Broadcast & Video Production
Successful candidates will be outgoing, willing to actively communicate with Steel fans and fellow staff members, willing to venture out of their comfort zones, self-starters with excellent communication skills and individuals that take great pride in their work regardless of the task(s) assigned.
Qualified Candidates Should Possess:
- The ability to attend the vast majority of Steel home games during the 2019-2020 season. This will include some nights, weekends and holidays as the majority of games are played on Friday and Saturday nights.
- It is important candidates are available to work holiday dates including Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas Break, Spring Break and other game dates that may fall outside of the academic calendar.
- From time to time, gameday interns will be asked to assist in special events and community appearances and will be provided notice in advance of these events.
- A positive attitude and a willingness to actively engage and interact with fans.
- The understanding that working in sports is different than being a fan. This position does not guarantee candidates will be able to watch games. Many valuable positions within the organization are behind the scenes.
- Strong personal and communication skills. Candidates must possess a proactive, service-oriented mentality that will assist every department with its respective needs.
- The ability to work pro-actively and independently, a can-do attitude and their own transportation.
- A willingness to learn new skills and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude, willingness to accept all tasks assigned and the ability to learn quickly.
- The ability to handle the physical requirements of the position, including setting up equipment for events, standing for long periods of time and other light to medium lifting.
Interested Candidates Should:
Apply at Teamwork Online (https://www.teamworkonline.com/
). If you are a current college student, you may be eligible to receive college credit for this internship.
The Chicago Steel Hockey Team is an equal opportunity employer.