In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
In-Game Promotions Lead – Chicago Steel Hockey Team (Geneva IL)
The Chicago Steel Hockey Team is seeking an In-Game Promotions Lead to add to its talented roster to play a key role for an organization that is quickly becoming the preeminent junior hockey team in North America. This is an extraordinary opportunity to gain hands-on experience and we encourage both current students and recent graduates to apply.
During a wave of recent on-ice success which has included the 2017 and 2021 Clark Cup Championships, back-to-back Anderson Cup Championships (regular season title) in 2020 and 2021 and a record number of NHL Draft Picks including the most of any junior team in the world in 2020 and 2021, the team has shown consistent attendance growth each season and is seeking a leader to help take the club to the next level.
This part-time position is responsible for executing the Steel game experience, game night promotions and giveaways, in-arena activities and overseeing the fan events team.
The successful candidate will be a creative and energetic leader who possesses outstanding communication skills and is driven to deliver a fun, exciting and professional game experience and atmosphere for Steel fans.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work and communicate closely with Coordinator, Game Presentation and Promotions
- Assist in the execution of select game night contests and promotions including setting up props and games
- Lead in-game promotions staff
- Seek out opportunities to create memorable moments for all fans
- Ability to engage large crowds with charisma and enthusiasm.
- Passion for ice hockey and a solid understanding of the game's rules, teams, and players
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with fans of all ages.
- Creative thinking and the ability to contribute innovative ideas to enhance the game-day experience.
- Professionalism and the capacity to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic sports environment.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required by the game schedule.
- Able to work all home games during the season
- Able to take direction well and lead a team
The Chicago Steel is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.