Ticket Sales & Retention Internship Spring - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (Wilkes Barre · PA)
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins jobs
Sports Jobs in Wilkes Barre · PA
The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, American Hockey League affiliate of the Pittsburgh Penguins, are seeking Ticket Sales & Retention Interns for the 2021-2022 season. The WBS Penguins strive on providing interns with real life experience by working with staff members through office and game night settings. Interns will be required to have office hours (between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm) as well as Penguins home games (5pm to 9:30pm). Schedule will be determined by the amount of interns.
What to expect:
As an intern in the Penguins ticket department, you can expect to be involved in day to day ticketing operations as well as daily office functions such as:
Daily operation procedures:
· Provide a high level of customer service to Penguins Season Ticket Members by phone, email and in-person
· Respond to inquiries received by phone and email
· Assist with the ticket mailings and preparation
· Learn to use Archtics ticketing system and CRM
· Learn to generate leads through various social media platforms
· Learn to service Season Ticket Member and Group Ticket leader accounts
· Take part in executing Season Ticket Member events
· Learn through a successful ticket sales culture with highly regarded sports industry sales training
· Daily office tasks
Game night operation procedures:
· Assist the ticketing department with in game duties.
Duties may include, but not limited to:
· STM in game visits
· In game activities
· Coordinate game night experiences for both the season and group department
· Handling of ticket issues (ticket reprints, player tickets, arena access)
· Assist with setup and take down of Penguins Fan Assistance booth and season ticket members giveaway areas
· Assist Director of Game Night with activities as assigned
· Basic knowledge of ice hockey and the Penguins organization
· Must receive school credit.
· Must have own transportation to assigned events.
· Flexible hours based on workload.
· Available to work evenings and weekend events.
· Ability to think creatively.
· Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
· Display strong communication and interpersonal skills, be self directed and able to follow both written and oral instructions.
· Neat and professional appearance.
· Ability to lift items up to 30 pounds
Please submit a cover letter and resume detailing your qualifications via TeamworkOnline.com. No phone calls or emails accepted.
Local candidates preferred.
Will you be receiving college credit for this internship?