Ticketing Internship with Utica Comets in Utica, NY
Utica Comets jobs
Sports Jobs in Utica, NY
The Utica Comets are currently seeking a Group Ticket Sales intern for the 2018-19 season. Our goal is to maintain an intern program that is beneficial to both the student and the organization. The most important department in any professional sports organization is the ticket sales department. Most jobs in the industry, especially most entry-level jobs, are in the ticket sales area. Therefore, it is imperative that those who wish to work in professional sports have a background, knowledge, and love for selling tickets and the ticket selling process.
This internship will give the intern a vast knowledge of how professional sports organizations, especially minor league organizations, increase their ticket sales with group tickets. With this internship, you focus on the most important aspect of any professional sports organization, ticket sales. You will get real world experience in selling group tickets and other special promotion packages by making cold calls to potential customers.
THIS IS AN UNPAID INTERNSHIP, College credit accepted
- · Maintain season ticket and individual game ticket records
- · Assist with season ticket holder events and initiatives
- · Assist during games at Will Call distributing tickets
- · Assemble and sell Chuck-A-Puck bags before every game
- · Assist at the Fan Zone helping sell programs and answering fan questions
- · Provide excellent customer service to the Comets fan base and public
- · Perform other duties as assigned
- · Enrolled undergraduate or graduate level student pursuing a degree in sport management, business or related field
- · Experience in sales and customer service preferred, but not necessary.
- · Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- · Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc.).
- This is a non-paid internship for college credit.
- Work ALL 38 home games.
- Must maintain professional attitude and appearance, and willing to work hard
- Must be college student, working towards a career in sports management
- Preference given to those who wish to work in ticket sales
- NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
How did you hear about this job?