Director, Ticket Operations & Business Intelligence with Utica Comets in Utica · NY
Utica Comets jobs
Sports Jobs in Utica · NY
Ticket Operations: Box Office Management
- Director of Ticket Operations and Business Intelligence for Utica Comets, Utica City FC & The Adirondack Bank Center will control all ticket inventories and oversee the process of all orders and payments related to ticket sales for the Adirondack Bank Center. This individual will develop, plan and deliver training on all ticket procedures and work closely with the Senior Vice President of Ticket Sales, Service and Operations as well as the Staff Accountant to create ticketing events, renewal campaigns, ticket sales financial reporting, sales campaigns and lead generation. They will also be responsible for the daily management of all full-time and part-time box office staff.
- Oversees daily operations of box office, including communication between Utica Comets, Utica City FC, Adirondack Bank Center and the ticketing company.
- Oversee inventory management from on-sale through event settlement as well as post-event reconciliation.
- Develop a seat relocation plan where needed for upcoming events.
- Manages will call window for all ticketed events
- Work in collaboration with ticket sales, marketing, the ticketing company and other leaders internally to drive revenue through innovation and utilization of software and operational capabilities to create upsell opportunities for events.
- Implement procedures for processing tickets for all types of sales events and execute an extensive training program for team members— from day-to-day processing, to marketing initiatives and financial reporting (as needed).
- Develop and customize seating and pricing configurations within the computer ticketing system for each event in coordination with the promoter, production coordinator and marketing director.
- As part of the ticketing team, ensure that the inventory manifests for all events match up with seats installed in the building, also notating all seating issue/defects
- Prepare all event and account renewal campaigns year-over-year and generate all invoices.
- Create and maintain a customer ranking system developed to maximize opportunities across all ticketed events.
Data Related Capabilities
- Heads the development of standard data storage to support the continuous function of the data warehouse; assures data is accurate and maintained in formatting.
- Maintains relationships with users to identify and develop additional data sources for the warehouse consistent with customer needs.
- Clean and maintain database by removing old data or duplications and evaluates and implements integration with new technologies.
- Will create data organization models for approval and transition from testing and development to production and recommend tools to optimize data quality and access.
- Point person for all data management and analysis for our organization, including the building of dashboards, creating targeted buyer lists, data cleansing and additional ad hoc analysis.
- Build web scraping tools to capture and store public data.
- Build and maintain automated and predictive models to be used for pricing, customer retention and lead scoring.
- Schedules upgrades and research ticket enhancements and additional programs to benefit the organization on a quarterly basis
- Conduct return-on-investment analysis on marketing campaigns to assess profitability.
- Maintain detailed attendance and gate records
- Excellent teammate who works extraordinarily well with all departments to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collaborate with finance to ensure that all ticketing reporting is accurate against money received and that all money is reported correct in the event ledger.
- Provide finance department with a certified event audit statement in a timely manner, to be used at time of settlement.
- Manage the movement of cash to and from the ticket/box office
- Responsible for the box office daily financial reporting across all lines of revenue though the ticketing system and reconciliation of all arena & premium ticket sales. Create check and balances to ensure accuracy of event builds, resale/ on sales and internal/external reporting.
- Eager to take on new projects, tasks, assignments as determined by the Senior Vice President of Ticket Sales, Services and Operations.
- Responds quickly and effectively to changing trends and circumstances; embraces change and welcomes fresh perspectives; learns from past mistakes and can adjust accordingly in fast-paced environments.
- Strong qualitative skills with the ability to translate data findings to all levels of the organization.
- Analytic thinker who communicates well both verbally and in writing.
- Establish excellent working relations with concert promoters, external stakeholders, internal departments and Utica College.
- Act as senior management available for customer service inquiries and escalated customer service issues.
- Skilled in diplomacy and good judgement to resolve any escalated customer service issues, such as counterfeit tickets, refunds and reprints. Will have final say in all ticket sales related disputes.
- Willingness and ability to learn various computer software programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years of computerized ticket operations experience with at least two (2) years of management experience
- Experience in lead generation and building multiple sales campaigns at a given time.
- Requires knowledge of advanced excel functions in addition to basic calculations and formula skills.
- Advanced level user knowledge of ticketing systems, policies and procedures, including event management and bar-coding systems preferred.
- Knowledge of Paciolan data.
- Must be able to work late evenings, weekends and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Please list your salary range preference.
Please list the ticketing systems and CRM platforms you have used in the past.