Brand Ambassador with Utica Comets in Utica, NY
Utica Comets jobs
Sports Jobs in Utica, NY
Event Management: Event Operations/Management
The Utica Comets are searching for their next brand ambassador, who will hype up the crowd during all regular season and playoff games, in addition to other external events. This individual’s duties may also extend to other game-like events and requested community, fan, or sponsor events under the supervision of the Director of Game Operations.
The ideal brand ambassador must be comfortable in front of large crowds and have the ability to improvise while also sticking to required scripts. He/she must also be able to think on the fly and adapt to the energy of the game. While television and social media reporters are appreciated, we are looking for someone with live event experience.
The brand ambassador with the Utica Comets is a full-time position, with mandatory work at all home games, as well as office hours with the Comets business staff to come up with creative in-game content. The in-game host is part of a multi-person game night staff including but not limited to the mascot & dance team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary in-game personality for all 38 Utica Comets home games, plus any potential playoff games and external events
- During games, execute on-ice and in-crowd promotions, both sponsored and not sponsored, as set forth in the game-by-game script and rundown
- Work closely with the mascot and dance team to plan and execute each and every game day
- Attend all relevant pregame meetings; contribute to said meetings with creative ideas to improve the game day experience at the Adirondack Bank Center
- Appear in public as one of the voices of the Comets at requested community, fan and sponsor events. Duties include, but are not limited to serving as event emcee, conducting on-camera interviews, interacting with fans and community leaders.
- Present yourself in a professional manner while in public, while working with staff, and on publicly facing mediums including social media.
Characteristics / Qualifications
- Two (2) or more years of announcing/hosting experience preferred (within a large in-arena or in-stadium crowd is highly preferred).
- Has high energy, and can carry, inspire and excite the crowd with voice, presence and personality.
- Possesses comedic talent; able to think quickly and improvise as needed.
- Personable and can comfortably interact with fans and guests.
- Creative and innovative personality with ability to quickly adapt to new situations.
- Can create positive energy using both voice and body language.
- Ability to take feedback and implement into performance.
- Knowledge of hockey rules and regulations.
- Has strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays, if necessary.
- Strong teamwork aptitude required.
- Strong customer services skills required.
- Able to stand, sit, and walk for long periods of time.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?