Account Executive, Ticket Sales - Utica Comets (Utica · NY)
Utica Comets jobs
Sports Jobs in Utica · NY
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
Ticket Sales: Account Executive- Utica Comets, Utica City FC & The Adirondack Bank Center
We are seeking an ambitious individual aspiring to further their career in sport sales. This position is designed to connect with prospective consumers as well as local organizations and groups to market, present, and sell season tickets, group tickets as and hospitality packages for the Adirondack Center (including but not limited to: Utica Comets Hockey, Utica City FC, Utica College Hockey and all additional events at the Adirondack Bank Center). This individual most be comfortable and eager to work with people, build genuine relationships and ask for referrals on a daily basis.
We are an organization that values development within our industry. Success in this role will put you on the fast track for career growth in sport business.
- Manage, organize and prioritize your own lead distribution list
- Build and manage up a new business pipeline for each property (Comets, UCFC, Arena)
- Develop relationships through consistent touch points, including but not limited to: outbound calls, personalized letters & emails, servicing inbound calls, seat visits, arena meetings, digital meetings, text messaging & social media
- Achieve a consistent volume of inbound and outbound phone calls each business day
- Schedule and execute multiple face-to-face meetings with perspective clientele, either in person or over a digital meeting (Zoom Conference)
- Invite prospective clientele to games/matches to showcase available seating options
- Engage individual event purchasers during games/matches to create relationships and begin dialogue around ticket programs
- Record notes and relevant information in Sales Force
- Meet regularly with Senior Vice President of Ticketing and ticketing department regarding progress and strategy for increasing sales
- Execute an annual sales plan (created with leadership) to reach individual and department sales targets
- Maintain a constant high level of professionalism and follow up with all potential clients
- Represent the Adirondack Bank Center at off-site community events promoting tickets programs for all properties
- Assist with the annual retention of our season ticket account base as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ year(s) of previous sales experience preferred (within sports and/or entertainment is an added plus)
- Understanding of ticket sales process and sales technique/ professionalism
- Strong oral/written communication and telephone skills
- Exceptional work ethic, strong desire to succeed, eagerness to learn, professionalism, passion for the sports industry
- Ability to problem solve quickly and resolve customer objections in real time
- Proficient and eager to generate referrals and self-prospected leads
- Ability to work non-traditional hours
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to manage schedule to achieve daily and weekly KPIs (key performance indicators)
- Creativity in customizing client solutions to fit their needs
- Ability to learn a new ticketing system (Paciolan) as well as customer relationship management tool (Salesforce)
- Adept to Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets and other forms of spreadsheets
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Why are you interested in this position?
In this role, what would success look like to you a year from now?
In a word, what do you feel is the most important trait to possess in order to be successful professionally?