Public Address Announcer (Independent Contractor) - Tucson Roadrunners (Tucson · AZ)
Tucson Roadrunners jobs
Sports Jobs in Tucson · AZ
Administration/General Management: Self-Employed Consultant
Job Title: AHL, Public Address Announcer
Department: Game Presentation
Reporting: Manager, Game Presentation
Status: Independent Contractor
The Tucson Roadrunners are seeking a Public Address Announcer. The Public Address Announcer will serve as the announcer for all 2021-2022 Roadrunners home games.
The Tucson Roadrunners will host two (2) preseason, thirty-four (34) regular season, and any additional playoff games at the Tucson Convention Center/Tucson Arena in Tucson, Arizona. The Public Address Announcer may also serve as host/emcee for various community and special events as needed.
Tasks, Responsibilities, and Qualifications:
- Responsible for announcing all in-arena reads including partner promotions, player introductions, and in-game hockey details as needed.
- The PA Announcer must abide by all AHL Rules and Procedures, following the requests of Roadrunners staff and partners. Position will attend all meetings related to Game Presentation at the request of the Manager, Game Presentation.
- Communicate game & event information to Game Director
- Assist with operational support and/or talent roles across various production mediums, including Podcasts, Web, social media, etc. as directed by Management
- Present themselves in a professional manner while in public. This includes all social media networks. Candidate must refrain from putting themselves or Arizona Coyotes Hockey Club & Tucson Roadrunners in any negative light while conducting any interviews or social media posts.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Professional Speaking Background (radio announcing, voice over talent, or other public hosting experience
- Must have strong knowledge of hockey
- Great communication and listening skills
- Ability to adapt and adjust to quickly changing game situations
- Receives and implements feedback into performance
- Flexible schedule to allow commitment to all Tucson Roadrunners homes games necessary during the 2021-2022 season, including weekends, evenings, and holidays to meet game and/or event needs
- Additional duties and expectations may be added or adjusted as needed to meeting league and organizational needs.
- Minimum 2-3 years of related work experience
- Announcing experience in the Sports/Game Presentation/Entertainment industry preferred
Audio Submissions and Auditions:
- **Applications must include resume with references and performance reel no longer than three (3) minutes in length. An audio reel is required with application submission.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Link to video reel: