Manager of Ticket Sales with Tucson Roadrunners in Tucson, AZ
Tucson Roadrunners jobs
Sports Jobs in Tucson, AZ
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
The Manager of Ticket Sales, under the direction of the Vice President of Ticket Sales, will serve as a selling manager and be directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the ticket department. The Manager of Ticket Sales responsibilities include generating revenues for the team through all ticketing products (full season plans, partial plans, group sales and contributing to single game ticket sales) while at the same time actively assisting the Ticket Sales Team in achieving their established goals in accordance with existing revenue budgets. Furthermore, the Manager of Ticket Sales is responsible for creating innovative ideas and programs to increase ticket sales across product categories while implementing best sales practices across the AHL, etc.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead by example each day selling Roadrunners (AHL) ticket products via phone, e-mail & meetings.
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, hiring and training direct reports.
- Manage expense budgets related to direct reports.
- Manage timesheets and schedules for all direct reports.
- Attend networking events with primary focus on season tickets, partial plan packages, group and single game tickets.
- Manage daily, scheduled growth and training sessions (i.e. Power Hours and Daily Briefings) with ticket sales staff.
- Support the established Missions, Visions & Values of the organization.
- Establish strong relationships which will provide repeat business and excellent customer service.
- Assist with the development of sales related collateral materials.
- Measure productivity and results by preparing weekly sales reports.
- Enhance the sales presentation and in-arena appointment presentation skills of staff through coaching and supervision.
- Assist sales staff with closing techniques/skills and account management to ensure optimal results.
- Assist with establishing goal and incentive programs for direct reports.
- Conduct sales meetings with direct reports to review activity and goals plus communicate updates on pending projects and events.
- Review and communicate market analysis to determine customer needs and product interest throughout the sales campaign for AHL team.
- Responsible for assisting with handling of customer problems and/or complaints as they relate to sales.
- Assist with representing the organization at local business and group associations meetings to promote the team and related products.
- Assist in delivery of all tickets to customers while ensuring the highest level of professional service including letter customization, season ticket member and survey cards.
- Assist in the development of an effective email, call and direct mail strategy.
- Manage up whenever an opportunity presents itself.
- Meet or exceed assigned personal sales goals across all products.
- Assist sales team in achieving sales goals across all products.
- Serve as lead game-night sales representative at Arena.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive staff.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Self-motivated team player with a proven ability to work with aggressive individual and team sales goals.
- Highly motivated with a desire to be successful as a sales person.
- Exhibits a lead by example overall ticket sales philosophy.
- Ability to manage multiple relationships well and to multi-task in high pressure settings.
- Possess natural leadership qualities and understanding of sales strategy.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Effective time management skills and willingness to work nights, weekends and holiday as required.
- Natural aggressive and positive approach, solutions oriented; problem solving mentality a must.
- Creative, detail oriented, possess a strong work ethic and have a burning desire to succeed.
Education and Formal Training:
- Bachelor’s degree required with sports management/marketing or related field preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Previous experience with CRM, KORE, Marketline/Stone Timber River and Scarborough Research a plus.
- Proven ticket sales professional with minimum business/business sales experience of 3 years plus minimum 1 year of managerial experience.
Material and Equipment Used:
- Knowledge of Ticketmaster along with both Archtics and Host software a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?