The Manager, Corporate Sales is responsible for generating new business revenue with local, regional and national companies through the integrated packaging of Tucson AHL franchise and Arena assets including, but not limited to, television, radio, signage, digital, social media, publications, promotions, tickets, suites, and hospitality. Also responsible for the overall management of several existing corporate partnerships including the development of new revenue opportunities, utilizing activation based selling, creating value added opportunities and mutually beneficial market activation programs.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Research, prospect and establish leads for corporate relationships followed by an introductory needs analysis/discovery meeting utilizing a consultative activation based sales approach.
• Prepare and present proposals to sponsor partner prospect decision makers.
• Work closely with President and other members of the corporate partnerships team to achieve individual and departmental goals.
• Work closely with Coordinator, Corporate Service to ensure contractual fulfillment with an emphasis towards maximizing cross promotional opportunities and in-market activation.
• Generate a pre-determined level of new business revenue for AHL Team and Tucson Convention Center with particular attention to net revenues.
• Maximize category yield in all major categories through the sale of fully integrated partnerships.
• Prepare weekly sales reports.
• Create an annual business plan with activation based sales strategies, renewal targets and new business projections for upcoming fiscal year.
• Work game days and special events to entertain existing partners and prospects.
• Work closely with other departments across the organization on corporate partnership related programs including game presentation, community relations, public relations, ticket sales, hockey/facility operations and marketing to drive partnership activation.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
• 3-5 years of professional sports corporate partnerships sales experience with a detailed focus related to activation based selling.
• Self-motivated team player with a proven ability to work with aggressive individual and team sales goals.
• Superior knowledge regarding the practices and principles related to the sale and implementation of corporate partnerships.
• Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with corporate clients and co-workers.
• Organizational wide focus with incorporating all departments into selling process.
• Strong sales proposal and presentation experience.
• Possess the ability to establish relationships within all levels of the company as well as with sponsors and clients.
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
• Ability to create, update and follow an annual business plan.
• Solutions oriented problem solving mentality a must.
• Must be creative, detail oriented, possess a strong work ethic, willingness to learn and have a burning desire to succeed.
• Possess superior negotiation skills coupled with a net profit bottom line mentality.
• Willingness to work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
Education and Formal Training:
• Previous experience with CRM, Marketline/Stone Timber River, Scarborough Research and Repucom a plus.
• Degree in sports management/marketing or related field preferred.
• Proven sales professional with business/business sales and management experience of 5 years.
Material and Equipment Used:
• Expert Microsoft Excel skills (advanced functions, strong layout skills, charts, data staging, pivot tables, and data connections).
• Strong knowledge of other MS Office tools (Word, Outlook, & PowerPoint).
• Knowledge of Ticketmaster and Archtics software a plus.