JOB SUMMARY: This position will be the driving sales force behind the 50/50 Raffle Program benefiting the Texas Stars Foundation. A 50/50 raffle is a raffle that will take place at all home games of the teams in accordance with Texas law, where one lucky winner will receive 50% of the pot (after allowable expenses) from that night’s event, while the team foundation will receive the other 50% to be dedicated to their ongoing charitable efforts. This seasonal position will start in September and end at the end of the Texas Stars Season (anywhere from April – June).
- Game night selling of raffle tickets to Texas Stars customers within the HEB Center in either a stationary kiosk location or as a roaming sales representative.
- Accepting and accounting for large sums of cash on a nightly basis.
- Communication of the 50/50 raffle rules and procedures clearly to potential customers.
- High school graduate (College graduate preferred)
- Energetic personality with some level sales experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to be able to stand and walk for long periods of time in a hectic sports arena environment.
- Non-traditional working hours are required for this position while teams are in market. Must be able to attend at least 75% of each Texas Stars home games.
- Each game night commitment will be approximately 4-5 hours total, beginning 2 hours before the start of the game.
- A passion for sports and/or charity work with a comfortable knowledge of the working environment in a professional sports arena.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle objects and office tools, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is exposed to an arena environment, with noise levels that can become considerably loud.
* This job description does not contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other tasks and duties may be assigned as needed.
Texas Stars, Limited Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer