The participant will work under the direction of the Syracuse Crunch front office to assist in various aspects of game day and office duties.
The intern will obtain various skills while working closely with all members of the Crunch front office through hands-on experience assisting with office, game operations, sales, merchandise, and community relations needs of a professional sports team.
- Assist the game operations, public relations, ticket sales, and other departments during all Syracuse Crunch home games
- Assist the sales staff with phone calls and ticket orders
- Assist with maintenance and upkeep of the official team store & Crunch Authentic program, both online and in-person
- Generate promotional ideas to be used in-game
- Provide excellent customer service to the Crunch fan base and public
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program pursuing a degree in sport management, business, communications or a related field
- Strong creative, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in sports and/or retail preferred, but not necessary
- Ability to problem solve under pressure
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends
- All Crunch home games throughout the duration of the internship
- 3 - 10 hours per week (negotiable)
This is a non-paid internship. When negotiated with each individual college, credit will be granted. There is parking reimbursement.