Beat Writer Internship with Syracuse Crunch in Syracuse, NY
Syracuse Crunch jobs
Sports Jobs in Syracuse, NY
The participant will work under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, Broadcaster, and Senior Manager of Public Relations & Digital Media to support the efforts of the Syracuse Crunch to create and maintain quality content for the website and social media. Responsibilities will fall strongly in the creation of written pieces on players, coaches and community events.
Candidates should have flexible schedules to be at the arena for practices and morning skates, community events in the evening and all home games.
The intern will obtain various skills through hands-on experience and will be able to independently perform all game day media and public relations activities, develop quality written and oral communications with the media and coordinate special promotional and community involvement projects.
- Work with public relations staff to effectively plan and schedule written content across all platforms while being self-sufficient and generating worthwhile content
- Stay current on all happenings with the Syracuse Crunch organization to effectively tell stories that are timely and informative
- Compose frequent stories, features, notebooks, and other written content for www.syracusecrunch.com
- Work with the rest of the communications team to collaborate on story ideas to create continuity between all platforms
- Work with Public Relations staff to adhere to media regulations and guidelines while conducting interviews
- Enrolled undergraduate or graduate level student pursuing a degree in journalism, communications, public relations, sport management, marketing, business or related field
- Strong creative, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in sports preferred, but not necessary
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends
- One semester in length (15 weeks)
- Attendance at a minimum of one (1) Syracuse Crunch practice each week
- All Syracuse Crunch home games
Compensation: This is a non-paid internship. When negotiated with each individual college, credit will be granted. There is parking reimbursement.
Interested candidates should send resume, cover letter and writing sample to Brigid Heslin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How did you hear about this job?