Stockton Heat Job posting: ‘AHL Video Analyst / Team Services’
The AHL’s Stockton Heat, development team of the NHL’s Calgary Flames, are searching for a candidate for the position of ‘AHL Video Analyst / Team Services’.
The position is based in Stockton, California, and working with the coaching staff and hockey operations department of the AHL’s Stockton Heat, in conjunction with the NHL’s Calgary Flames. The position reports to the AHL Head Coach and to the Assistant GM of the Calgary Flames.
Overview of duties for this position:
- Using XO’s responsible for leading the video operations of the team including video breakdown of Stockton Heat games, special team video, pre-scout video, development clips, player shifts and individual player development related to video
- Active participant with the AHL coaching staff related to team preparations, player development
- Oversee all team meeting preparations under the direction of Head Coach
- Oversee the team’s statistical analysis for the AHL Stockton Heat, and pre-scouting of opposition
- Analytics – working within the framework of the Calgary Flames, oversee the AHL analytics of Stockton, in-game stats, opposing teams and players across the AHL
- Responsible to work with arena staff and AHL off-ice statistics crew – gathering statistics data; as well as ensuring operation of arena replay systems and league mandated feeds
- Coordinate technical requirements for hockey operations staff and coaching staff – internet, computers, software, XO’s troubleshooting
- Coordinate day to day team requirements and team daily schedule, including all team operational planning and the operation of AHL training camp
- Oversee the selection, booking and execution of team travel – flights, hotels, busses, meals, per diems – working within an assigned budget, planning, creating and distributing daily and monthly schedules through team app
- Coordinating player transfers and logistics between NHL Calgary and Stockton and Stockton and ECHL Affiliate
- Highly proficient in using XO’s video system/platform in a high paced, development focused, hockey environment
- Excellent technical knowledge of hockey systems, with previous video experience in breaking down video of live games, preparation of pre-scouts
- Prior experience as a coach or working within a hockey coaching environment
- Excellent technical knowledge – trouble shooting of computer issues, acting as resource for coaching staff
- Previous experience as a team travel manager / team services – creating RFP’s, booking group flights, busses, ground transportation, hotels, meals and managing per diems, managing budgets
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – written and oral
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.