The Springfield Thunderbirds are currently seeking a Ticket Sales and Service Intern for the 2019-20 American Hockey League season. This will be a hands-on experience, providing interns the chance to gain relevant expertise in the field of ticket sales, service, and activation. The Thunderbirds have been recognized for ticket sales growth in each of the previous three seasons at the AHL level since inception. This internship position will be responsible for assisting the Manager of Ticket Sales and Service in tasks that may include but not be limited to:
- Assisting sales team with all brand activation and fulfillment of groups and ticket packages on game days and non-game days.
- Actively make cold calls to members and prospective members
- Create and implement unique fan experiences for members on game days
- Assist the sales team with the implementation and execution of special events, player appearances, community programs, etc
- Front Office Mentor Sessions
- Personal Branding via LinkedIn
- Other duties as assigned, including lifting objects of up to 25 lbs.
Note: This is an unpaid internship.
What We’re Seeking:
- Ability to work ALL Springfield Thunderbirds home games during the 2019-20 season is highly encouraged
- Self-Starter and resourceful problem solver
- Excellent communication skills; expresses confidence in building and nurturing relationships with fans and partners.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Comfortable in a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
- Great Character – “Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.”
- Willingness to have Fun – “There's no fear when you're having fun.”
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.