The Thunderbirds have created a first-class brand, one that has been recognized by the league this past season as the best social media department in the Eastern conference. The Manager of Digital/Social Media & Marketing will be responsible for maintaining this high level of videography, graphics and content across all social media platforms and marketing materials. The main responsibility will be to create content that can be used primarily for social media/web, but will also have a hand in all Thunderbirds content. It will be imperative to create strategies to provide engaging content, and to continue the development of our brand through videography, photography and still/motion graphics (for use both on social media and in-game). In addition, this position will support marketing efforts (creation of advertising for television, social media, internet and print) as well as providing our ticket and corporate sales departments with quality graphics/campaigns to be used for sales collateral and fulfillment. This position will manage the Producer of Digital/Social Media & Marketing, and will work with our Director of Game Presentation & Creative Services. Experience working sporting events to shoot video/photography is a plus, as well as being proficient with the Adobe suite, especially After Effects, Premier and Photoshop.
- Manage all Thunderbirds social platforms and develop original, strategically-sound social media content by thinking creatively about opportunities to capitalize on events, announcements, and press coverage with a social-first mentality; should be comfortable capturing videos, photos, and soundbites from live events
- Create content through video, photo and graphics to engage fans, and provide first-class experience for brand
- Stay in touch with current trends and technologies to provide recommendations on how to take the brand to the next level
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, bench-marking, and audience identification
- Work game nights to capture video/photos to be used for content, as well as manage our live-television platform AHLtv
- Use both organic and paid social media advertising methods
Work with team President to execute marketing strategy focused on cost-effective digital advertising plans, reports and strategies
- Develop a plan to market on digital platforms: FB, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pandora, etc.
- Manage the process of creating and placing all advertising on television, newspaper, social media and radio
Work closely with Manager of Client Services to develop sell-able assets and to fulfill current sponsorship agreements
- Focus on creating valuable inventory and platforms that can be monetized by sponsorship team
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, specifically: After Effects, Premier and Photoshop
- Previous experience managing social networks for a sports team or university is a plus
- Ability to capture content through video and photo
- Clear communication skills with the ability to adapt style to audience
- Influential and confident presenter
- Ability to work individually and with cross functional teams
- Experience and familiarity with emerging media and digital technologies
- Enthusiastic team player, with a flexible approach to role and ways of working
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and be very flexible in a fast paced, changing environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.