The Springfield Thunderbirds are seeking dedicated, enthusiastic, and community-driven Game Night staffers for the 2021-22 American Hockey League season. This internship will provide participants the chance to gain relevant sports experience in community relations and promotional settings.
Duties for the Game Night staff include but are not limited to:
- Participating on the Thunderbirds Game Night Staff assisting with the fulfillment of Fan Experiences and other Community Relations Activities.
- Serving as a liaison with participating groups for game-night entertainment activities ranging from on-ice contests to concourse tables
- Assisting in the distribution of giveaways and promotional items
- Managing concourse activities, contests, and data collection practices (Enter-to-Win raffles, etc.)
- Maintaining exemplary levels of customer service and assistance with patrons
- Assisting at team signings, practices and community appearances when necessary.
- Performing other various duties and responsibilities as assigned.
High school students that are looking to fulfill their required community/volunteer hours are asked to track their own hours and record them on the volunteer hours form from their respective high school.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS NO SALARY OR STIPEND WITH THIS POSITION.
*It is highly recommended that the game night interns be local to the Springfield area and be available for all regular season home games*
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.