JOB TITLE: Digital Multimedia Producer
DEPARTMENT: Creative Services/Digital Media
REPORTING TO: Director of Game Presentation/Creative Services & President
LOCATION: Springfield, MA
Springfield Thunderbirds Overview: The Springfield Thunderbirds are entering their fourth season in the American Hockey League as the primary developmental affiliate of the NHL’s Florida Panthers. The Thunderbirds have completely changed the perception of AHL hockey in Springfield, acting as a the epicenter for the city’s rebirth alongside presenting partner MGM Springfield. Springfield is a charter member of the AHL, with over 80 years of hockey excellence, and the Thunderbirds are forging their own path while also recognizing the pioneers that came before. The organization has placed a focus on sales & marketing, game presentation, community engagement and best-in-class digital/social media, which has led to explosive growth during the first three years of the franchise including playing host to the 2019 AHL All-Star Classic and selling out the MassMutual Center a record 11 times during the 2018-19 season.
Job Description: The Digital Multimedia Producer position will be responsible for producing multimedia content for the teams' digital and social media platforms, with an emphasis on video and photo creation. While a visual storyteller first and foremost, this position will also lead the department in producing team video content for social media, internal and external communications, marketing and event/game presentation. The candidate should have experience working in video production and is comfortable shooting, editing and producing original content. You will shoot (games, practices and events), edit (highlights, social content) and produce a high volume of projects throughout the year. Experience working in sports (specifically hockey) is preferred, as well as a working knowledge and ability to manager social media content and accounts.
- Be a passionate storyteller. Use digital and social media to create a deeper connection between the team and its fans
- Engage in the entire video production process. Produce, shoot, and edit video for official team websites and social channels.
- Manage social media channels to constantly develop new ideas for organic, non-promotional content
- Proactively produce content for all mediums independently as well as collaboratively
- Work with Director of Creative Services & President to place media buys in-market and crate marketing content for all mediums
- Serve as photographer/videographer for various events as needed including but not limited to community/grassroots events, games and events, member/partner events and internal staff events.
- Optimize content for native social media consumption.
- Publish content in content management system.
- Understand and analyze key metrics to inform content decisions and make changes when necessary.
- Serve as an internal advocate for digital and social media. Integrate into traditional forms of media when possible.
- Collaborate with other departments to leverage multimedia content to achieve their goals.
- Stay abreast of emerging platforms in the digital and social space, and assist in evaluation of how best (or if it makes sense) for the Dynamo and Dash to leverage new platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in production, broadcasting or equivalent education;
- Minimum 1-3 years of work experience in TV/Video/Digital Creative roles;
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Premiere and After Effects;
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator;
- Advanced experience with video editing in a fast-paced environment;
- Advanced knowledge of working on Canon DSLR and Cinema cameras;
- Understand the Principles of Cinematography: Composition, Lighting and Framing;
- Ability to think outside the box and present ideas in a large group setting;
- Willingness to contribute creative ideas to the team and experiment with various cinematic styles;
- Understanding of the traditional Story Arc and ability to edit a piece though the viewer/fan perspective; and
- Available Nights, Weekends and Holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.