The Thunderbirds are recognized for having some of the best social and digital content in professional sports, and we are looking for an individual to join our creative team in a coordinator role with a focus on Social Media & Digital Marketing. Our ideal candidate will be a hands-on producer of refined visual content with an emphasis on video and one who excels in modern multimedia, as well as digital marketing & advertising to develop our brand across all social media platforms. This position will report to the Director of Creative Services & President to collaborate and coordinate on executing digital marketing for social media advertising, television, and client services. Candidate will assist in the creation and direction of all social media and video productions to showcase the Thunderbirds’ brand with a focus on hockey and creative content. This person will play an integral role in the continued execution of a number of social/digital marketing campaigns, including responsibilities on game night activation and production. We strive to be best-in-class, and this individual will have the ability to control all day-to-day social media content and strategize the proper balance between sales promotions and engaging brand content.
- Contribute to best-in-class creative services and entertainment team that works with a sense of urgency and sets standards for creative vision, efficiency, and output to produce award-winning materials that meet deadlines and achieve business goals
- Be the voice of the Thunderbirds’ social media accounts - Day to day management of all Thunderbirds social media platforms. Imperative to be a content producer and an “early adopter,” as we look to use social media as the main point of contact
- Expertise with producing content and creating a business plan for social media platforms, including Tik Tok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and new/emerging social media
- Assist in the distribution of video content highlights and still images at all home games
- Contribute to filing of digital media by using metadata tagging, editing, storage and archiving systems.
- Work with the Coordinator of Marketing Partnerships to deliver client content.
- Work with Manager of Ticket Sales to enhance sales opportunities through social and campaign-based marketing of group sales assets and experiential activities
- Assist with other duties within the creative services department when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite – with an expertise in video capture and editing
- Knowledge of social media marketing strategy for paid social media advertising
- Detail-oriented and strong organization and project management skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and work collaboratively with creative department to meet production deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Polite, positive, self-starter who works well with others.
- Strong knowledge of sports and hockey.
- Interested applicants must be willing and able to work non-traditional hours in non-traditional settings during peak times.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.