We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Corporate Partnerships Sales Manager is responsible for generating new business revenue (selling and marketing) with local, regional, and national companies through the integrated packaging of San Diego Gulls corporate partner assets which include, but not limited to, rights to club marks; in-arena signage; radio; potential in-game televised features; print, digital and social media; concourse tabling; in-game promotions; player, coach, and mascot appearances; retail marketing activation; tickets, and corporate hosted events. The Corporate Partnerships Sales Manager will manage and oversee the entire sales process from the prospecting phase for new business to the execution of the contractual agreements with the corporate partners. The Corporate Partnerships Sales Manager may also be assigned the overall management of certain existing corporate partnership clients with the provision to develop new revenue opportunities by the creation of additional mutually beneficial partnership assets and/or market activation programs within those accounts. This position will also assist departmental staff at the end of each season in the development of the annual partner recaps of the candidate’s roster of clients.
- Responsible for selling all San Diego Gulls partnership assets.
- Research and prospect leads for corporate partnerships utilizing phone, online tools and in person meetings.
- Secure initial discovery pitch meetings to include an introductory marketing needs analysis utilizing a consultative sales approach in order to deliver tangible partner ROI and ROO. Meetings should result in comprehensive needs analyses to gain further understanding of the prospects’ goals and objectives.
- Effectively qualify leads and maintain an active sales pipeline of potential business opportunities.
- Create appropriate sales materials as needed– customized proposal decks, promotional one-sheets, season summaries, etc.
- Present proposals to corporate lead marketing decision makers primarily through in-person meetings.
- Provide accurate sales reporting information to be used in forecasting and sales management updates.
- Maintain and report weekly sales/prospecting activity.
- Deliver a pre-determined level of new business revenue with particular attention to net revenues.
- Work game days, club-related special events, and external networking events to entertain prospects and existing corporate partners.
- Collaborate with the Director and Manager of Corporate Partnerships to achieve departmental goals.
- Collaborate with other departments within the club on corporate partner related programs to include game operations, community relations, media relations, marketing, hockey operations, and ticket sales.
- Collaborate with departmental fulfillment coordinators to ensure contractual fulfillment of each promotional element within closed (or assigned) accounts with a focus towards maximizing cross promotional opportunities.
- Ensure that corporate partner elements are up-to-date within club’s CRM system, including ticket banks; production timelines; hard costs; and artwork deadlines in order to track the status of element execution and document completion of these tasks.
- Facilitate activation meetings, in-season meetings and end of season meetings with corporate partners.
- Assist in partner recaps as needed, to include documentation of the delivery and fulfillment of each partner promotional element.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Marketing or Sports Management major preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with corporate partners/sponsors in sports/entertainment industries.
- Successful sales track record particularly if within the sports and/or entertainment industries.
- Proven ability to work with aggressive individual and team-related sales goals via a performance-based compensation plan.
- Ability to effectively prospect (‘cold call’) companies for qualified sales leads and to call on executive level decision-makers for new business opportunities
- Possess a “rolodex” of contacts
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time and work well under pressure.
- Must be creative, solutions-oriented, and possess superior negotiation skills coupled with a net profit bottom line mentality.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Scarborough Research a plus.
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays when required. Must possess a strong work ethic with a willingness to learn and an excessive desire to succeed.