We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of the San Antonio Rampage communications department during the 2019-20 American Hockey League (AHL) season. This part-time seasonal assistant program is designed to offer current students or recent graduates the ability to receive hands-on business experience with a professional sports team. It also provides a great opportunity to build media contacts and network with prominent sports personalities. The person that fills this position will be successful if they hold strong written and verbal communication skills, an ability to interpret statistics, ambition, and are highly motivated and able to work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E’s Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
- Assist in composition and upkeep of game notes and stat packets, along with game previews and game recap stories for all 76+ games.
- Conduct in-depth statistical research and analysis of player/team trends
- Game night duties include organizing press row, media hospitality room, broadcast and video needs. Distribute credentials and game information to media, AHL and NHL scouts, and assist with post-game media availability.
- Compose weekly team report for media, league officials and company employees.
- Assist in writing of press releases and media advisories. Help coordinate and attend staff, player and community events.
- Compose feature stories for the Rampage Web site, AHL League Web site and Rampage publications and contribute to social media content, particularly on game nights. Assist social media and video production teams on non-game days to create content opportunities.
- Update and maintain accurate media contact list, and maintain news clippings and historical archives.
- Manage and archive team photos, videos, and highlight clips, both from game action and community events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Recent college graduate or in your final year of study in the degree fields of communications, sport management or related concentration.
- Have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work nights, weekends and possibly holidays. This includes the ability to work 30 hours per week.
- Must attend all home games and be able to work from home for away games during a full season. (Sept.-Apr., and possibly beyond for playoffs)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of sports and statistics, including the ability to analyze game statistics and track trends.
- Knowledge of the sport of hockey and/or American Hockey League (AHL) is a plus.
- Highly organized and great attention to detail.
- Ability to use social media platforms as a creative means to disseminate information while engaging fans
- Experience using audio, video, or photo editing software is a plus.
- Self-starter, highly motivated individual who possesses the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to create news story angles.
- Ability to work with all types of people.
*SS&E is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Nothing contained in this job description is intended to be a contract of employment, nor does any information contained herein represent a guarantee of employment for a specific duration. Your employment with SS&E is “at will”, which means that either you or SS&E may terminate the relationship at any time.