POSITION: Ticket Sales Manager
DEPARTMENT: Rockford IceHogs
REPORTS TO: General Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Ticket Sales Manager for the Rockford IceHogs at the BMO Harris Bank Center. The Ticket Sales Manager will be a seasoned sales professional responsible for promoting and selling all ticketing inventory, including full and partial season ticket plans, group ticket sales, and limited available premium seating inventory by leading a professional sales team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Initially recruit, hire and train season ticket sales staff, establishing a winning culture and creating a training program and system for future growth of the department.
- Setting individual and team goals and day-to-day team management with reporting systems and incentive based contests.
- Creating a long term recruiting and training program to attract, retain, and promote sales staff in an all new sales culture.
- Focus on growing the account base through new sales directed at both the season ticket and developing new leads.
- Responsible for new package creation and pricing strategies.
- Oversee the group sales efforts and continue group sales success with the team’s current book of clients while building a new business with a consistent book of clients.
- Identify creative ways to sell individual primary tickets in an environment that is heavily impacted by competition from the secondary market.
- Successfully sell any and all Game Day Suite Sales (if available).
- Strong CRM management experience to create and implement reporting on activities, pipelines and sales to consistently monitor and manage sales staff and ROI.
- Proactive creation, implementation and execution of organized sales/promotional campaigns for any products to be sold by the ticket office. Includes coordination with marketing in the design and production of sales collateral for campaigns as appropriate.
- Manage quality control of IceHogs ticketing sales and products to ensure brand integrity
- Create, monitor and manage budgets for assigned sales related products.
- Make and manage appropriate client and hospitality visits on game and event days ensuring a sales presence is strong.
- Together with the sales staff, monitor the external markets for PSLs, wait list positions and secondary tickets to have a strong sense and understanding of these markets. Promote the use of these markets as appropriate to fans to maintain market vibrancy.
- Web Site Sales Content – Keep ticketing and sales pages on the IceHogs website up-to-date and accurate in coordinated efforts with marketing and digital media.
- Identify potential suite and sponsorship leads and provide to corporate sales.
- Provide overall office support which includes phone coverage, account maintenance, customer service and filing.
- Reporting to AHL.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have a proven ability to successfully sell tickets year after year.
- Must possess the personality and drive to excel in a sales environment while showing the ability to work well in and contribute to a team setting.
- At least five years of successful sales experience and 3-5 years of sales management experience is preferred.
- Prior experience with Archtics, Ticketmaster and CRM systems is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in sport management, business or related field is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong management and leadership skills with the ability to provide detailed direction to staff on the expectations for each campaign, as well as holding them accountable for what is expected.
- A proven track record at providing an in-depth training program that both provides initial onboarding as well as sustained career development.
- Ability to create, organize and manage sales leads from start to finish.
- Willingness and ability to teach a staff of sales representatives and/or interns to maximize their contribution and professional development.
- Understand the impact of culture on the workplace and adapt to the culture within the organization and office, while creating a complementary culture within the sales group that fosters success.
- Relationship driven, energetic and passionate about hockey.
- Excellent ability to communicate in all forms.
- Ability to manage and organize data is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Recruiter- Lakin Eckhardt
BMO Harris Bank Center
300 Elm St.
Rockford, IL 61101
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 815-489-8237.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.