IceHogs Hammy Mascot with Rockford IceHogs in
Rockford IceHogs jobs
POSITION: IceHogs Hammy Mascot
DEPARTMENT: Rockford IceHogs Game Operations
REPORTS TO: Game Operations Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Part-time/Non-exempt
ASM, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an immediate opening for an IceHogs Hammy Mascot at the BMO Harris Bank Center, Rockford IceHogs. The successful candidate will bring energy and passion into the game-night in-arena experience. It is imperative that candidates have very flexible hours, and act as an ambassador for the team. There will also be community outreach opportunities involved with this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Add to the entertainment and fan experience at Rockford IceHogs home games and community events
· Develop the character of “Hammy” for the team
· Distribute promotional items at games and special events/appearances
· Assist in creating routines for promotional entertainment
· Personally interact with fans of all ages prior to games, breaks in play, intermissions, and overtime
· Represent the organization in a professional and appropriate manner at games and special events/appearances
· Be timely, punctual, and always maintain a professional appearance and demeanor while upholding the standards of the organization
· Perform and/or provide support to all necessary community appearances – this includes but is not limited to sponsors, charities, media and private functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be 18 or older
· Must be able to pass a criminal background check
· Must be available nights, weekends and holidays
· Required to work all hockey games from October through April
Education and/or Experience
· High School diploma or equivalent required
· Mascot experience is preferred
Skills and Abilities
· Ability to ice skate is preferred
· Performer must be energetic and have a positive attitude while interacting with fans of all ages
· Must be flexible and adaptive in a fast-paced, live and stressful environment
· Outgoing, animated and creative personality with a willingness and desire to have fun!
· Critical thinking and the ability to effectively follow directions are essential
· Must be able to run up and down stairs several times within a game
· Pushing/pulling/carrying and lifting may be included
· Perform on feet in mentioned conditions for at least three hours at a time
· Must be able to fit and work in a costume
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Recruiter- Lakin Eckhardt
BMO Harris Bank Center-Rockford IceHogs
300 Elm St.
Rockford, IL 61101
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you able to ice skate?
Are you local to Rockford, IL?