The Rockford IceHogs are looking for enthusiastic people to assist on game days for the 2019-20 season. This is a game day position that helps promote the ins and outs of game entertainment. The Promotional/Ice Crew Staff assists full and part-time staff in giving fans the best experience possible. During IceHogs home games, the Ice Crew keeps the ice in prime condition during breaks in play, intermissions, and prior to overtime.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Meet and greet fans as they enter the BMO Harris Bank Center, interact with fans following warm-ups and help execute on-ice contests.
- Snow removal and other ice maintenance tasks prior to and throughout the game
- Sell jersey raffle tickets.
- Make appearances in the community on a volunteer basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Previous skating experience required
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be local
Skills and Abilities:
- Attendance at all home games and special events for the entire 2019-20 season for the IceHogs. Availability for game days is a must.
- Must possess strong communication skills, an outgoing and positive attitude, and enjoy interaction with fans.
- Must be flexible and adaptive in a fast-paced, live and stressful environment. Critical thinking and the ability to effectively follow directions are essential.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Work effectively under pressure and be able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines as they are presented.
- Candidates are expected to be timely and punctual and maintain a professional appearance and demeanor while upholding the standards of the organization.
- Must be 18 years or older by September 1, 2019.
- Must be able to skate well enough to perform ice cleaning duties in a timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee The employee must be able to ice skate well enough to perform on-ice tasks safely, within the time provided; possess the ability to turn, stop, bend over and lift small items while in ice skates; and use light work equipment while performing the duties of their job.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.