AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
AEG and the Ontario Reign are looking for a Public Address Announcer. The Public Address Announcer will service as the primary announcer for all Ontario Reign home games. This individual will also deliver announcements for the Ontario Reign and special events as requested.
- Responsible for announcing all in arena reads including: sponsor promotions, player introductions, goals, penalties, intermission reports, and other hockey game details, as needed.
- Coordinates with AHL officials to determine penalties and game related information,
- Communicates game and event information to Game Director.
- Assist with operational support and/or talent roles across various production mediums, including: podcasts, social media, web, radio/TV, etc. all as directed by management.
- Serve as primary PA announcer and/or emcee for additional AEG or AEG Sports games and/or events as requested.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The Public Address Announcer must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skill and abilities:
- Professional speaking background preferred (radio announcing, voice over talent, other hosting experience).
- Must have a strong knowledge of hockey
- Great communication and listening skills
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing game situations
- Flexible schedule to allow commitment to all Ontario Reign home games necessary during the 2021-22 season, including some weekends, evenings, and some holidays to meet game/event needs
- Available for minimum of 85% of Ontario Home Games
- Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed on an as-needed basis to meet organizational needs.
- High School Diploma or its equivalency (BA/BS Degree preferred)
- A minimum of 4-6 years of related work experience
- Experience in the Sports/Game Operations/Entertainment industry preferred
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.