AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
AEG and the Ontario Reign, AHL affiliate of the Los Angeles Kings, seek a Manager, Communications and Content. This individual will manage and create Ontario Reign and other entities/departments content viewed by the public. In addition, this individual will serve as the primary media contact for the Reign and manage all press operations and media relations.
- Generate hockey related content for Reign Marketing to add to all social media platforms and website
- Responsible for daily updates on the Ontario Reign website including news stories, game statistics and team bios
- Support departments for any E-news and digital communications content
- Ontario Reign Insider- responsible for daily coverage of the Reign home and road games. Maintain the Reign Insider blog and engage with users.
- Capture photo and video content from practices, away games, and post-game media opportunities
- Support the marketing department with curating social content (including but not limited to: gameday content, live-tweeting games, player spotlights, GIFs, images, short format videos, etc.)
- Responsible for ensuring all media information is compliant with AHL guidelines including game notes, AHL stats and Player information/biographies. Creating content for pre-game and post-game releases
- Media relations liaison responsible for credentialing, press box operations, media access, publicity, and post-game interviews
- Coordinate with Marketing to ensure hockey information for sales and marketing collateral is accurate, timely and up to date.
- Serve as the liaison for hockey operations and the front office to create media opportunities throughout the season (media day, promotional videos, player requests)
- For the right candidate, home game play-by-play duties may also be included with this position
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The Manager, Communications and Content must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skill and abilities:
- Ability to prioritize and delegate workload and solve problems efficiently and quickly
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently – both written and oral.
- Knowledge of digital marketing, strategy, and sales
- Assertive, self-motivated, self-starter with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Professionally handle highly sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to professionally communicate and interact with all levels of management
- Strong sense of creativity and organization
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related experience
- Demonstrates or has prior sports marketing and communications experience/knowledge
- Highly organized, resourceful, independent, detailed-oriented, quick learner
- Strong working experience with all social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook); and ability to learn required business systems
- Previous hands-on work experience with Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, or comparable social analytics platform.
- Ability to work nights, all events, weekends, events, and holidays as required
- Ability to work independently both efficiently and effectively
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.