The Ontario Reign and AEG Sports is looking for an energetic, professional, and self-motivated person who has a passion for sports and ticket sales. The Inside Sales Representative participates in a sales development program geared to prepare entry level candidates for a career within the sports sales industry and AEG Sports. This individual will receive detailed and comprehensive sports sales training with a strong focus on developing the skills necessary to become an industry sales leader. The training will benefit the individual’s career growth as a full menu sports sales representative.
This opportunity would consist of generating business relationships in order to gain revenue by selling season tickets, partial game plans, group tickets, and club seats for the Ontario Reign Hockey Club of the American Hockey League. A core function of an Ontario Reign Inside Sales Representative is proactively and aggressively generating new revenue through outbound calls, prompt responses to inbound calls, team-related events, upselling, cross-selling, and generating referrals.
This position is a commission driven, part-time hourly position that does not include benefits.
- Generate revenue using all sales methods, including cold calls, face to face appointments, arena tours, prospecting, and networking
- Manage accounts in order to exceed established sales goals
- Conduct high amounts of new business calls on a daily basis
- Aggressive prospecting in order to generate new business relationships
- Conduct face to face sales presentations with prospects and potential customers
- Provide prompt, thorough, and courteous responses to all inbound & outbound customer communication – phone calls, emails, mail, etc.
- Work all home games to ensure great customer service to all clients and fans
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to provide an outstanding level of customer service
- Exemplary self-discipline, professionalism, pride and work ethic
- Outstanding listening, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team-oriented with a proactive positive attitude
- Willingness to take initiative and ownership of projects
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task effectively and with a sense of urgency, sometimes under a high level of stress
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proven to be reliable, diligent, self-motivated and dedicated
- Ability to reason and problem solve. Define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make independent decisions, and exercise independent judgment and discretion
- Quality presentation skills – ability to create, analyze, interpret, and present reports and correspondence
- Creativity and ability to see ideas through to successful execution
- Enthusiasm for and/or experience in professional sports sales and/or service
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Compliance with organizational directives
- Flexible hours required: working evenings/nights, weekends and holidays
- Ontario Reign Season Tickets
- Mini Plans
- Group Tickets
- Citizens Business Bank Arena Club Seating
- Minimum expectation of 80 calls per day
- Individual sales goals
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Prior sports sales experience a plus
- Familiarity with professional sports
- Ability to conduct face to face business meetings
- Motivated to start/continue career in professional sports
- Familiarity with basic tenets of sales and customer service, sports industry specific a plus
- Grooming – employee must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Good hygiene & professional appearance required. Business attire in office and during events required. Employees may be required to wear Reign attire (to be provided) when representing the Reign in public.
Entry level, commission based & hourly (30 hours per week)