AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events, and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating, and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms, and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Account Executive; Business Development is a full-time, non-managerial, sales position responsible for generating business leads, selling expansive ticketing packages, event suites, and generating corporate sales conversations for the Ontario Reign of the American Hockey League. This position is responsible for developing and creating new relationships and works with existing book of business to ensure top level customer satisfaction and further generate referral-based business.
- Prospect and generate leads for the Ontario Reign by utilizing lead lists, internet resources and business organizations.
- Effectively execute the business-to-business sales process through cold calls, setting meetings, discovery, present product recommendations, and close sales.
- Attend networking events to generate leads and closed sales
- Develop an ongoing working relationship with current sponsors/partners; align activation concepts to meet defined objectives
- Special projects as assigned by management
- Research and generate new and creative sales ideas by analyzing best practices in the sports/ entertainment industry
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
The Account Executive, Business Development must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skill and abilities:
- Excellent people skills, and an ability to interact effectively and in a professional, diplomatic, and mature manner with VIP’s as well as internal and external clients at all levels are required
- High level of initiative, inner drive and attention to detail
- Must have problem-solving skills as well as excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a high-pressure environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to work unsupervised and to function both independently and as a team member
- Must possess strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong existing client relationships and media sales experience is preferred
- Must have the ability to provide a documented history of successful sales.
- High School Diploma or its equivalency (BA/BS Degree Preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.