The Admirals Ticket Sales Department will be looking for the most qualified future sports business professionals to assist the full-time staff during the 2019-20 season (September - May). An intern’s time with the Admirals will split in each of three areas; Season Ticket Sales, Group Sales and Ticket Operations. Internship hours will consist of office hours only, usually 20-30 hours per week. Candidates may also be asked to work games throughout the season and earn an hourly wage.
Season Ticket Sales Component:
The Admirals season ticket philosophy is based on building relationships and walking fans up the season ticket staircase. The first step of the staircase is our Flex Plans and relationships are built and strengthened through interaction. The interaction will occur in face to face conversations during our games and talking with fans on the phone. With plenty of training and encouragement, each ticket sales intern will be asked to introduce our newest fans to our various Flex Plans and help them become Season Ticket Holders.
- Assisting Admirals staff with fulfillment of Season Ticket Holder perks.
- Have a firm understanding of our ticket plan options and benefits and communicating the information to Flex Plan leads thru phone calls, emails and mailings.
- Maintain and service season ticket accounts throughout the year.
- Data entry of ticket leads and follow-up with new plans.
- All other duties as assigned by Director of Season Ticket Sales.
Group Sales Component:
The heart of ticket sales for Admirals games comes from group sales. Interns working in group sales will help ensure groups booked by Admirals staff are provided exemplary customer service. They will also reach out to potential new groups.
- Pre-game and post-game calls to group leaders to gauge needs and experience.
- Fundraising group calls from donation lists.
- Individual group projects which focus on meetings, calls and tours for new groups.
- All other duties as assigned by Director of Group Sales.
Ticket Operations Component
The key to building attendance is retention – getting people who bought tickets to continue buying tickets. That doesn’t happen if people have a negative experience getting their tickets the first time around. Part of Ticket Operations’ job is to make sure our fans have a positive experience getting their tickets. Our Ticket Sales Interns will aid in this effort by processing orders the moment they come in and getting the tickets in the hands of our fans as quickly as possible.
- Collecting and organizing data collected at games and other locations.
- Assist with Roscoe’s Crew membership benefits.
- Facilitate our Donations Program and follow up with organizations for fundraising groups.
- Catalog and distribute donation requests as group leads.
- Distribute 2019-20 Admirals pocket schedule to social hotspots in the area.
- Create and send email campaigns.
- Assist with mailings to season ticket holders, group leaders and Roscoe’s Crew members.
- Run reports as needed for sales staff.
- All other duties as assigned by Director of Ticket Operations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.