2020-21 Ticket Sales Internship with Milwaukee Admirals in Milwaukee · WI
Milwaukee Admirals jobs
Sports Jobs in Milwaukee · WI
Milwaukee Admirals Ticket Sales Internship
2020-21 Season – September to May*
*Subject to change based on season start date
The Admirals Ticket Sales Department will be looking for the most qualified future sports business professionals to assist the full-time staff during the 2020-21 season. An intern’s time with the Admirals will split in each of three areas; Season Ticket Sales, Group Sales and Ticket Operations. Internship hours will consist of office hours only, usually 20-30 hours per week. Candidates may also be asked to work games throughout the season and earn an hourly wage.
Season Ticket Sales Component
The Admirals season ticket philosophy is based on building relationships and walking fans up the season ticket staircase. The first step of the staircase is our Flex Plans and relationships are built and strengthened through interaction. The interaction will occur in face to face conversations during our games and talking with fans on the phone. With plenty of training and encouragement, each ticket sales intern will be asked to introduce our newest fans to our various Flex Plans and help them become Season Ticket Holders.
- Assisting Admirals staff with fulfillment of Season Ticket Holder perks.
- Have a firm understanding of our ticket plan options and benefits and communicating the information to Flex Plan leads thru phone calls, emails and mailings.
- Maintain and service season ticket accounts throughout the year.
- Data entry of ticket leads and follow-up with new plans.
- All other duties as assigned by Director of Season Ticket Sales.
Group Sales Component
The heart of ticket sales for Admirals games comes from group sales. Interns working in group sales will help ensure groups booked by Admirals staff are provided exemplary customer service. They will also reach out to potential new groups.
- Pre-game and post-game calls to group leaders to gauge needs and experience.
- Fundraising group calls from donation lists.
- Individual group projects which focus on meetings, calls and tours for new groups.
- All other duties as assigned by Director of Group Sales.
Ticket Operations Component
The key to building attendance is retention – getting people who bought tickets to continue buying tickets. That doesn’t happen if people have a negative experience getting their tickets the first time around. Part of Ticket Operations’ job is to make sure our fans have a positive experience getting their tickets. Our Ticket Sales Interns will aid in this effort by processing orders the moment they come in and getting the tickets in the hands of our fans as quickly as possible.
- Collecting and organizing data collected at games and other locations.
- Assist with Roscoe’s Crew membership benefits.
- Facilitate our Donations Program and follow up with organizations for fundraising groups.
- Catalog and distribute donation requests as group leads.
- Distribute 2020-21 Admirals pocket schedule to social hotspots in the area.
- Create and send email campaigns.
- Assist with mailings to season ticket holders, group leaders and Roscoe’s Crew members.
- Run reports as needed for sales staff.
- All other duties as assigned by Manager and Director of Ticket Operations.
This internship is unpaid and must be for school credit. Office hours will be coordinated with your schedule but should be between 20-25 hours per week. Interns will also have the opportunity to work select games at an hourly rate of $9/hour.
If you want real experience on your resume and if you want to be a trusted member of a successful team, then consider an internship with your Milwaukee Admirals Ticket Sales Department.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The Admirals strive to select the best qualified person for each job performed. The personnel we have hired and promoted and those to be hired and promoted in the future have been and will continue to be selected from applicants on the basis of qualification. Qualifications include, but are not limited to, ability, aptitude, enthusiasm, experience, education, and a willingness to work and serve.
The Milwaukee Admirals is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Admirals to not discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy includes, but is not limited to, recruitment and hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, benefits, or any other term and condition of employment.
If any applicant or employee believes he or she has been discriminated against in the violation of this policy, that individual should contact the Chief Executive Officer or President.
How did you hear about this job?
Would you be taking this internship for school credit?
Are you available to work 20-30 hours per week in addition to working 20 or more game nights?