Graphic Design Intern with Lehigh Valley Phantoms in Allentown · PA
Lehigh Valley Phantoms jobs
Sports Jobs in Allentown · PA
Location: PPL Center (Allentown, PA)
Number of Positions: 1
Type: Non-Paid, Must be able to receive College Credit
Hours Required: Approximately 25-30 hours per week
The Phantoms Graphics Department is looking for a creative and passionate individual who has a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn what it's like to be part of a Marketing environment. The Graphics Intern will have the opportunity to learn how to meet daily, weekly, and long-term deadlines in a fast-paced sports and entertainment organization. The intern will work closely with departments across the organization to help develop and execute projects utilizing creativity and graphic design. While office hours are typically Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. we offer flexible alternatives. We have 1 Graphic Design internships terms; Term 1 - 30 hours per week September-December.
- Must be a college junior, senior, or graduate student pursuing a degree in Graphic Design, Media Arts or a closely related field (The internship is unpaid, and housing/transportation are the Intern’s responsibility)
- Proficient with Adobe CC including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Mac proficient
- Must be a highly detail-oriented, self-motivated communicator who follows direction and functions well in a dynamic environment
- Experience managing multiple projects and possess the ability to quickly finish tasks to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with print, digital media, and any other forms of design
- Positive attitude, with enthusiasm for thinking out the box
- Attention to detail
- Basic understanding of sports and hockey is a plus
- Must be able to receive Academic Credit for internship
***Must provide a portfolio of work
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work closely with the Creative Department and Marketing team to create materials for promotional, marketing, sales and advertising campaigns
- Create, design, proofread, and edit graphics content
- Graphic design production for print and digital media, print ads, fliers, newsletters, etc.
- Participate in the brainstorming and creation of design concepts
- Handle high-pressure and tight deadline situations in a professional manner
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned
How did you hear about this job?
Are you able to receive college credit?
Which term are you applying for?
Are you located in or around the Lehigh Valley?