The Lehigh Valley Phantoms are seeking a Digital and Social Media intern for the 2019-20 season. The selected individual will report to the Director of Digital and Social Media. They will be assigned duties based on their displayed skill set.
Duties can include:
- Helping to create useful, fun, interesting and engaging content for use on Phantoms social media channels during the season
- Capturing fun and engaging photo and video content with a variety of tools (phone, camera, etc.)
- Editing graphics / graphic creation inside of Adobe Photoshop or other graphic-creation platforms
- Working closely with staff to assist in posting to social media platforms during Phantoms home games and other events
- Assisting the staff with capturing replays during Phantoms home games for use inside of the Phantoms365 Smartphone App
- Helping to update the Phantoms365 Smartphone App with new, engaging and unique content
The selected individual should be available for game days as well as select practices and events during the week throughout the 2019-20 season.
The selected individual will possess the following skills:
- Demonstrated digital or social media experience within their college program (required)
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, TikTok, etc.)
- Journalism and/or interview skills as well as writing in AP format
- Working knowledge of the game of hockey
- Knowledge of graphic editing software is a plus (ex. Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, etc.)
- Professional demeanor and ability to provide great customer service to colleagues, players/coaches and fans in office, arena and locker room areas
- Attention to detail and a desire to improve and succeed
Potential candidates must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate college program with the goal of pursuing a career in the sports or digital media industry. This internship is a non-paid position with no relocation expenses or housing allowance. This internship must be for college credit.