Game Presentation Manager - Iowa Wild (Des Moines · IA)
- Take pride in entertaining our fans. Providing a memorable, entertaining experience for our fans, regardless of the score, is what keeps them coming back. Are you interested in creating those memories by planning, preparing and executing a game plan that ensures a first-class entertainment experience? As our Game Presentation Manager, you will be responsible for creating this experience and leading a large game day staff that perfectly delivers what our fans see, hear and feel when at an Iowa Wild game. Delivering a first-class experience is what keeps them coming back!
- Work with your line mates toward a common goal. It takes a village to deliver an entertaining show each game. You can expect to work closely with a wide range of game night staff to produce each asset of a script. You are effective at both listening and understanding instruction, as well as speaking and communicating certain marching orders to other members of the staff. You understand that there is no such thing as over-communication and know that every detail must be discussed thoroughly to ensure everyone is on the same page.
- Are a party planner. Each game takes weeks of preparation involving every department of our team. You will be expected to generate and present different ideas for games that provide ways to enhance our show in a memorable way. No idea is a bad idea and could very well have the potential to be a GREAT idea. You will be a valued member of our organization as every department of our business ultimately funnels into our game presentation.
- Are comfortable changing plans. You understand that each game script is figuratively written in pencil, not pen. At any point during a game, play on the ice or circumstances behind the scenes necessitate an audible. In this role, you are the one that must decide when these plans need to change, often at a moment’s notice. You consider yourself as someone who does well at thinking on their feet, and excels at clearly communicating a changing plan to everyone that needs to be informed.
- Love a good story. You naturally appreciate the beauty in hearing, and often telling a good story. From our show’s introduction, to a wide range of theme night elements, to various promotions we put during each game, the driving force behind their effectiveness is a good storyteller. You have unique power in this position to design a story within each game with the intention of invoking a certain emotion in our fans. Your goal may range from providing a sense of adrenaline for our fans with our intro or well-timed hype video, to having them feel somber during a ceremony following a recent tragedy in the news. Each emotion is equally valuable in making our fans feel connected to our brand, and these need powerfully written and well-delivered stories behind them.
YOU ARE A:
- Proficient Communicator. You are comfortable with and excel at clearly communicating through varying methods and to varying amounts of people. You thrive through your written communication in the form of emails, timing sheets and game scripts. You are also effective in your verbal communication through calling out instruction to your game day staff on headset during games, speaking at staff meetings in going over rundowns of upcoming games or making calls to various businesses about elements they can provide our show.
- Pillar of our Fan Development Efforts. Growing the sport of hockey in Central Iowa has been a huge part of the Iowa Wild brand since the team’s inception in 2013. With your assistance, the Wild organization will continue to leave a positive mark on those they cross paths with. Your hard work in planning and executing an entertaining product will better connect the organization with our fan base and grow the relationship between the team and its biggest supporters!
- Wizard with Time. You excel during a game in giving the order to execute a certain element the exact second it needs to happen. You also have a bigger sense of time in knowing when to set deadlines with coworkers on when you need projects done in preparation for a game. You work backwards from each game date to know exactly what needs to be done by when to ensure everything is ready to go.
- Multitasker. Ever try talking to multiple people at once about different topics? Good, you’ll fit right in! As an effective show caller at our games, you react to the play on the ice throughout the game. You could also simultaneously need to radio down to your staff at ice level about an upcoming on-ice intermission game. At this time, perhaps your PA announcer has a question about a PA announcement planned at the next whistle. You are comfortable clearly communicating all of this simultaneously to keep the show flowing smoothly. This game moves fast and constant communication is needed to stay ahead of it.
- Servant Leader. At the Iowa Wild, everything we do is grounded in serving. You serve our organization, each other, our fans and our community. Leadership is not a rank, it’s an acknowledgement of responsibility knowing you are connected to our team-oriented organization and the fans we serve.
IOWA WILD WILL:
- Listen to you. We need your thoughts, ideas and passion to help make this the best team in sports and entertainment. You talk, we’ll listen.
- Treat you like an adult. We will trust you to get the work done in a way that makes sense for you. We measure output and impact.
- Challenge you. We promise you'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the Iowa Wild and producing a product that is the best in the state of Iowa, the AHL, and all of hockey. You won’t find more passionate people all focused on growing the sport. Go Wild!
- Commit to Diversity Equity & Inclusion. We drive social change and foster inclusivity by providing a safe, positive and welcoming environment for you, all community members and employees regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, background or experience.
THE FINE PRINT:
- At least 3 years of experience directing and producing a live show, preferably in sports.
- Strong knowledge of and familiarity with the game of hockey.
- Available to work all 36 home games, plus playoff games and outside events.
- Experience leading a large team of part-time staff.
- In accordance with the ADA the physical requirements for this role include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, etc. Should an accommodation be requested MSE will evaluate the request and provide reasonable accommodation under accordance of the ADA.
Are you currently eligible to work in the United States of America?
Will you now, or in the future, require visa sponsorship to continue working in the United States?
Briefly, please describe why you want to be a part of the Iowa Wild family?
How many years of experience do you have in Game Operations?
Were you referred to this position by a current employee? If yes, please list the employee who referred you.
What motivates you to provide an amazing fan experience?