Skating Manager with Black Knights Sports & Entertainment, LLC in Henderson · NV
Black Knights Sports & Entertainment, LLC jobs
Sports Jobs in Henderson · NV
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Facility/Venue Management
Black Knight Sports & Entertainment LLC owns the NHL’s Vegas Golden Knights and is launching an American Hockey League (AHL) team in Henderson, Nevada that will serve as the primary minor league affiliate to the Golden Knights.
The Skating Manager will oversee and coordinate the Learn to Skate, Bridge Program, and Figure Skating Programs at Lifeguard Arena or City National Arena.
- Mentor, assist in hiring, provide feedback and terminations if necessary, for Learn to Skate coaches in collaboration with the Rink Manager.
- Supervise and mentor coaches, and junior coaches
- Collaborate with the Director of Skating to ensure all paperwork is completed and up-to-date including applications, Learn to Skate coach registration, USFS background checks and SafeSport compliant.
- Ensure coaches follow the VGK Skating Academy
- Oversee the training of the coaches
- Train all new on-ice staff with respect to on-ice program delivery and curriculum
- Assist in organizing training sessions for coaches
- Work towards increasing registrations for all ice-skating classes and programs
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Skating to ensure enrollment and transition from classes occur each session Serves as an ambassador for the VGK Skating Academy and Golden Edge Programming
- Ensure a successful skating program with results in engaged skaters and program growth.
- Keep up-to-date with learn to skate and figure skating industry trends.
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment for all skaters
- Assist in tasks and events at City National Arena and/or Lifeguard Arena
Key Competencies and Experience:
- 2 – 4 years related management experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree or higher preferred
- Ability to inspire a team collaborative environment
- Ability to take direction well and work with the team to discuss and plan new ideas. Must be able to take in and apply feedback from numerous sources and implement into action
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible can-do attitude
- Self-starter, pro-active, highly motivated
- Detail-oriented and able to thrive in a fast-paced, intense environment
Work-related travel as assigned
This is not a 9-5, 40 hour a week job. Candidates must be prepared to work nights, weekends and holidays
- No ego, ‘We’ not ‘Me’ approach to everything we do
- Positive energy
- Relentless work ethic
- Always advance
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?