Operations Manager with Black Knights Sports & Entertainment, LLC in Henderson · NV
Black Knights Sports & Entertainment, LLC jobs
Sports Jobs in Henderson · NV
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Facility/Venue Management
Black Knight Sports & Entertainment LLC owns the NHL’s Vegas Golden Knights and is launching an American Hockey League (AHL) team in Henderson, Nevada. The Henderson Silver Knights will serve as the primary minor league affiliate to the Golden Knights.
The Operations Manager will report to the Director of Operations and assist in the supervision of building operations for Lifeguard Arena.
- Complete staff scheduling based on peak usage to eliminate wasted hours
- Assist in the hiring and discipline process for all Operations staff members
- Create and implement a review process for all Operations staff members
- Build and maintain strong and positive relationships with arena vendors
- Maintain an inventory of tangible equipment and complete ordering as needed
- Ensure minor repairs and general maintenance of the building is completed
- Ensure all building events are set up and struck on time
- Complete daily and weekly checks of ice operating equipment as needed
- Maintain advanced knowledge of the Cimco Eco-Chill Ice Plant
- Complete ice cuts and ice maintenance as needed
- Complete daily and weekly cleaning procedures as needed
Key Competencies and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Or 3+ years of management experience in a related field
- Minimum of 3 years of Zamboni or Olympia operating experience
- Ability to inspire a team in a collaborative environment
- Ability to give as well as take direction, and work with their team to discuss and plan new ideas. Must be able to take in and apply feedback from numerous sources and implement into performance
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible can-do attitude
- Self-starter, proactive, highly motivated
- Detail-oriented and able to thrive in a fast-paced, intense environment
- Must have a valid state issued driver's license.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Frequently – cold temperatures
- Occasionally – temperature changes, wetness
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Work-related travel as assigned
This is not a 9 to 5, 40-hour a week job. Candidates must be prepared to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- No ego, ‘We’ not ‘Me’ approach to everything we do
- Positive energy
- Relentless work ethic
- Always advance
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?