Promotional Team (Home Games Only) - Grand Rapids Griffins (Grand Rapids · MI)
Grand Rapids Griffins jobs
Sports Jobs in Grand Rapids · MI
Marketing: Game Operations/Presentation
The Grand Rapids Griffins, the primary affiliate of the Detroit Red Wings, are seeking energetic, outgoing and dependable individuals to serve as members of our promotional team for the 2021-22 season. This is a part-time position, home game nights only.
- Assist with setup and breakdown of all Griffins game operations production elements.
- Execution of in-game promotions and events including but not limited to; pregame and postgame promotions, stoppage in play promotions, and on-ice intermission activities.
- Assisting the game operations assistant with all group needs (anthem set up, youth hockey, etc.).
- Interacting with fans on the concourse and in the stands
- Selecting fans for promotional games.
- Working closely with team mascots to entertain fans both during the game and intermissions.
- Assist with other game related tasks as assigned by Griffins staff.
- Ice skating ability REQUIRED.
- 18 years of age or older by September 1, 2021.
- Ideal candidates are energetic, personable, and comfortable in front of crowds.
- Strong communication skills and outgoing personality to interact with fans of all ages.
- Customer service or marketing experience preferred. A background in sport marketing or communications is a plus but not a requirement.
- Ability to stand up to 5 hours at a time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs.
- Ability to deal and adapt to frequent change.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work scheduled home games including evenings, weekends, and holidays (about 75% of the Grand Rapids Griffins home schedule).
- Mostly evening hours starting approximately two hours before game time.
- Must be available for duration of hockey season (October – April) and playoffs (potentially April – June)
- Free parking
- Complimentary tickets for games worked
- Game night meal provided by local area restaurants
- Paid (Pay rate per game)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.